New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Goying View Post
    Pa OT mga Sirs,

Is it ok parin kaya na bumili ng honda jazz 1.5 vtec 2007 model sa panahon ngayon?
    CVT sya, for a car running for 10 years tatagal pa kaya yun?

Thanks sa mga sasagot..

i would stay away from those

walang gears ang CVT. just variable pulleys and pushbelt composed of a stack of elements on a flexible band. definitely not as durable as hardened metal gears

kung manual transmission pwede pa yan. that generation of jazz/city are very reliable, basta M/T

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Goying View Post
    Pa OT mga Sirs,

Is it ok parin kaya na bumili ng honda jazz 1.5 vtec 2007 model sa panahon ngayon?
    CVT sya, for a car running for 10 years tatagal pa kaya yun?

Thanks sa mga sasagot..
    personally, i would stay away from that generation of cvts. the entities involved are pointing at each other... poor design... poor maintenance... wrong choice of fluid... bad driving habits... who knows that the real problem is.
    the MT, however, does not seem to be involved, it being a MT.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personally, i would stay away from that generation of cvts. the entities involved are pointing at each other... poor design... poor maintenance... wrong choice of fluid... bad driving habits... who knows that the real problem is.
    the MT, however, does not seem to be involved, it being a MT.

that's the honda CVT without torque-converter

current hondas have CVT w/ torque converter. but they haven't been out for very long so there's no predicting if they're gonna be reliable or not. that's what's keeping me from getting a CVT

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Bakit kaya ganun yung ESi ko? Parang sobrang lakas sa gas. Kanina nagpakarga ako 300 (low budget ngayon dahil kakaresign lang). Before magpakarga, the needle of the fuel gauge was pointing just a few millimeters above the white line near the letter "E". After magpakarga ng 300, about 6.6L, tumaas yung needle hanggang 1/3 of the lower half of the fuel gauge. Around 20-25kms din natakbo ko. Medyo natraffic pero light to moderate lang for about 1km. Then I noticed na yung needle nasa may red line na near the letter "E". So mas mababa na sya kesa nung bago ako nagpakarga. Ibig sabihin naubos ko na agad yung 6.6L na kinarga in just 25KMs? Actually it's more like 20KMs lang pero mejo galante na ako sa estimate nung total distance. Pero sabihin na nga natin na 25KMs tinakbo ko, that would give me a fuel mileage of 3.7KM/L! I shift at around 1.5k rpm, aircon was turned off for half of the trip. Ano kaya problema nito? O hindi ba accurate ang fuel gauge ng esi? TIA

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Redline_ View Post
    Bakit kaya ganun yung ESi ko? Parang sobrang lakas sa gas. Kanina nagpakarga ako 300 (low budget ngayon dahil kakaresign lang). Before magpakarga, the needle of the fuel gauge was pointing just a few millimeters above the white line near the letter "E". After magpakarga ng 300, about 6.6L, tumaas yung needle hanggang 1/3 of the lower half of the fuel gauge. Around 20-25kms din natakbo ko. Medyo natraffic pero light to moderate lang for about 1km. Then I noticed na yung needle nasa may red line na near the letter "E". So mas mababa na sya kesa nung bago ako nagpakarga. Ibig sabihin naubos ko na agad yung 6.6L na kinarga in just 25KMs? Actually it's more like 20KMs lang pero mejo galante na ako sa estimate nung total distance. Pero sabihin na nga natin na 25KMs tinakbo ko, that would give me a fuel mileage of 3.7KM/L! I shift at around 1.5k rpm, aircon was turned off for half of the trip. Ano kaya problema nito? O hindi ba accurate ang fuel gauge ng esi? TIA
    "try it again, sir." fill up again.
    fuel gauges, especially the older ones, are not that repeatably reliable in showing how much fuel got in, got out, still remains, etc.
    they may, at times, show different readings, for exactly the same amount of fuel in the tank.
    "but don't drive too far from the gas station." heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hello po Maam/Sir,
    Pardon my noob query.I'm driving a 2010 Honda City 1.3 MT (im the 2nd owner) with 36k mileage.Panel indicates ave FC 8.9 km/l. My friends unit (same year,model and variant) with 100k+ mileage, panels indicates FC ave 12.1 km/l.

Do i need to tune up my unit?

TIA

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zildjansg View Post
    Hello po Maam/Sir,
    Pardon my noob query.I'm driving a 2010 Honda City 1.3 MT (im the 2nd owner) with 36k mileage.Panel indicates ave FC 8.9 km/l. My friends unit (same year,model and variant) with 100k+ mileage, panels indicates FC ave 12.1 km/l.

TIA
    Mejo malakas nga yan. Try nyo muna ito. Palit air filter, gumamit ka ng malabnaw na oil(*least 5w30) na may energy conserving daw. Try mo gamitin un havoline pro ds eco5. Tapos set mo lang un a/c thermostat sa minimum setting na acceptable un lamig. Di naman kailangan itodo un. Then its up to you na kung pano ka magdrive. Pagdating kasi sa fuel consumption, 3 factors(driving habits, traffic conditions, distance)

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hello po Maam/Sir,

TIA
    Most likely a difference in terms of route. Unless you encounter the same kind of traffic, your numbers aren't going to be the same even if you have the same car.

Reset your FC meter, and try logging FC manually as well.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hello po Maam/Sir,

TIA
    No. Probably city driving yung sa yo. Drive it sa expressways after resetting the panel and see your average to go up.

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Hey bro! You use this on nlex or Slex? I just find it hard using ACC on Slex because of the constant moving around of vehicles and I end up turning it off to avoid the erratic acceleration/deceleration which I think will be worse for FC.
    Or maybe I'm just new to using ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I use econ + cruise control on my Civic. Wala namang nakakasabay na truck sakin.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk