New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    good day guys... just want to know whats the difference between a honda city "type Z" and those which are not...

the lxi and the exi varieties... hope i can get some help here... thnks!!!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Introduced as moniker for the mid-life facelifted City in the summer of 1999, the Type Z was available in LXi, EXi and (later) VTi. Upgrades include bigger headlights, front and rear bumpers, front grille, new trunk, tailights, etc...

I'm not so sure on the difference bet. the LXi and EXi but the VTi had a 1.5li VTEC engine as well as an all disc brakes setup.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks sir!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    the LXi VAriant has a 1.3 hyper16valve

The EXi variant had a 1.5 non-vtec

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    mga bossing,

im new with honda po. im about to buy a honda city model 1996. the minor specs that i know and seen from the vehicle is:

non power windows, pawis steering (non power steering), non power mirrors and 16valve hyper16 engine.

ilang liters po ba kaya ito and talaga po bang pawis steering ito?

anu po kayang variety nito? exi, lxi, lx or something like that...

thanks po in advance sa sagot.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    That might be a 1996 LXi. The EXi SX8 Cities of the same year had powered windows up front.

The fuel tank is good for 45L, and it can get you at least 9-10 km/L in the city. Friends have managed to do 12.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hello sirs,

I just acquired a '97 City LXI or EXI not really sure from my cousin who is migrating abroad... just want to ask any specific tips regarding that model.. as of now kasi, casa maintained pa siya kaya comfortable naman ang ride... or kung may mga common problems ba ung model na un that i need to watch out for? thanks!

Honda City varieties