New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Hello Masters.

I am about to purchase my subcompact and my first choice is the Honda City

I was planning to buy the MT version but it is an entry level ( hate the cluster gauge, steel rims and HU )

Is it possible to change the cluster gauge and HU ( i will just purchase mags elsewhere) at the casa so my warranty will not be void.

Also, is it better to just purchase a MT vehicle that has better stock looks/accessories ( Vios E MT / Accent MT hatch ).

TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Cluster gauge. I dont know if that is possible.

HU, pwede but at a cost. And note, baka di sila pumayag na 3rd party HU ang ilagay.

Since m/t gusto mo, have considered ford fiesta?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MT lang talaga ang option mo? Why not try to look for a year old unit that is a TOTL model? In the case of the City, the VX is a lot better than the E in terms of looks and features. Yun nga lang, mas mahal siya with those in consideration pero if I were you, I'd go with that one para mas sulit yung money mo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vorkalito View Post
    Hello Masters.

I am about to purchase my subcompact and my first choice is the Honda City

I was planning to buy the MT version but it is an entry level ( hate the cluster gauge, steel rims and HU )

Is it possible to change the cluster gauge and HU ( i will just purchase mags elsewhere) at the casa so my warranty will not be void.

Also, is it better to just purchase a MT vehicle that has better stock looks/accessories ( Vios E MT / Accent MT hatch ).

TIA
    if you don't like how the car looks, then don't buy it, sir.
    otherwise, you might end up cursing yourself every night.

folks usually buy brand new cars, so's they don't have to worry about 'em for several years.

to cover the steelies, buy silver-colored plastic covers.

some years back, someone asked how much it would take, to make his low end look higher end.
    it turns out, he'd be better off buying that higher end. he wouldn't have to worry about the money and the "good-ness" of the conversion.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 10th, 2018 at 09:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Cluster gauge. I dont know if that is possible.

HU, pwede but at a cost. And note, baka di sila pumayag na 3rd party HU ang ilagay.

Since m/t gusto mo, have considered ford fiesta?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    yes, but after looking at the unit, i prefer the city. also ford fiesta is already highly outdated in our country. they are still releasing 2015 models. other countries have the updated version. if ford will supply these new units i still might consider

6. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you don't like how the car looks, then don't buy it, sir.
    otherwise, you might end up cursing yourself every night.

folks usually buy brand new cars, so's they don't have to worry about 'em for several years.

to cover the steelies, buy silver-colored plastic covers.

some years back, someone asked how much it would take, to make his low end look higher end.
    it turns out, he'd be better off buying that higher end. he wouldn't have to worry about the money and the "good-ness" of the conversion.
    i would have consider getting the VX but i really want the MT,, ahhh the agony!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    MT lang talaga ang option mo? Why not try to look for a year old unit that is a TOTL model? In the case of the City, the VX is a lot better than the E in terms of looks and features. Yun nga lang, mas mahal siya with those in consideration pero if I were you, I'd go with that one para mas sulit yung money mo.
    yes sir, i would not mind the price if only it is a manual.. but then again.. sadly walang gnung variant sa pinas

Thank you po sa replies! baka me masuggest kayo na magndang MT ( wag Mazda 2 please malaking tao po ako d ako kasya )

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mas maganda interior ng VX kesa sa E MT...

Corolla Altis MT should be on your shortlist din siguro? Although hindi na siya compact, the interior is nice.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vorkalito View Post
    yes sir, i would not mind the price if only it is a manual.. but then again.. sadly walang gnung variant sa pinas

Thank you po sa replies! baka me masuggest kayo na magndang MT ( wag Mazda 2 please malaking tao po ako d ako kasya )
    A Hyundai Accent CRDi MT, perhaps?

The real problem with MT is nako. Traffic these days will just make you wish that you should have gotten the CVT model instead and regret getting the stick shift. Mas ramdam mo yan lalo pag nahirapan ka sa clutch dahil matigas ito when you push it all the way down, which will also stress your foot, although hindi naman ata ganyan sa City. The only advantages that I see on MT these days are that it's cheaper to acquire, cheaper to maintain and more economical. Other than that, the CVT or AT is still better especially if city driving ka lang. Siguro nga kung may VX na MT, mas okay yun kaysa Vios G na MT din.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i actually like steelies but i have to admit the ones on the city M/T look atrocious

last year i did consider the city but ended up w/ an ecosport which has a $hitty m/t btw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast