New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

eto ang TypeZ

eto ang trunk ng hindi type Z (96-99models)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by quark View Post
    i checked under the trunk/boot door to see if there is an attachment hole for the said "type-z" logo but found nothing. The "city" logo is also absent. just an additional info. as for the touch up paint i dont see any signs of repainting. its still the stock paint. All of the Citys' that I have seen have logo of "city" or "type z" in the trunk/boot door. this really bothers me...
    Don't let it bother you. A missing badge does not necessarily make for a lemon or a scammed car.

As long as it runs and doesn't conk out on you, an emblem is the least of your concerns. Enjoy your SX8.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hehehe... pero kame ng dad ko, particular kame sa badge kase usually 2ndhand ang rides namen, di lang basta kumpleto kelangan tama din ang lugar. kase it's one of the signs na repainted ang car pag mali mali ang lugar ng badge like say for ex, Corolla AE101. yung "toyota" badge kelangan nasa right, "XL/XE/1.6 GLi" nasa left, pag AE111 kelangan Toyota Corolla nasa right and so on..

pag walang badge or misplaced, we check for rust and other signs like masilya etc.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Eto pic sa front...
    type z right? pero wala ito "type z" emblem sa likod...
    Attachment 13394

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That is a Type-Z, good thing you posted the pic para we can clear this once and for all...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    that's the base City TypeZ GL variant. AFAIK, mags lang ang wala dyan e

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ganito itsura ng City Type Z. Notice mas curvier sya than the old SX-8

The older SX-8
    my honda city looks like this. though it's 1997 model and i bought it second hand; 1.5 engine, color maroon and automatic.a/c is sliding, it doesnt have the city nor type z emblem at the trunk but there is a vti emblem on the the left lower portion at the back. so is it a type Z or the old sx-8? i also noticed those not type z has a black garnish on the license frame, mine doesnt have one...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    my honda city looks like this. though it's 1997 model and i bought it second hand; 1.5 engine, color maroon and automatic.a/c is sliding, it doesnt have the city nor type z emblem at the trunk but there is a vti emblem on the the left lower portion at the back. so is it a type Z or the old sx-8? i also noticed those not type z has a black garnish on the license frame, mine doesnt have one...

up ko lang please!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^

The picture above is the type Z city.

The one that you have is not.

It's just the old SX8 City ...

AFAIK the Type Z City's was released way back '00.

Last edited by renzo_d10; June 9th, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I think a correction is in order. The Type Z IS an SX8 City.

The first "classic" SX8s were released 1996-1999 - I drove one released at the very end of the lifespan. At first all the SX8s had 1.3L engines in carbureted or later fuel-injected form. Later on the non-VTEC 1.5L engine was introduced.

The "Type Z" models are simply a facelift for 2000-2003. They are mechanically similar to the SX8, with the exception of the VTEC-equipped 1.5L engines. For a while the 1.5L engines came in VTEC and non-VTEC forms, but the non-VTEC variety was phased out by 2000.

Type Z or not, all SX8s are mechanical "mutations" of the EF Civic of 1988-1991. The main difference is suspension design: EFs had double wishbones all around, while SX8s had long-travel struts all around instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda City 2002 without "Type-Z" logo in trunk door