New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I just bought a second hand Honda City 2002 1.3L. The registration and car type says its s Type-Z model. however, the car i bought there is no type Z logo in the back. I was just wondering if there is a model released like this or the previous owner removed the logo? any of you guys know about this?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Malamang tinanggal lang yung logo.

1999 was the year when the "classic" SX8 City bodies got phased out and the Type-Z bodies came in. I used to drive one of the very last classic SX8s.

The largest, most noticeable difference is in the head and tail lights. The classic SX8s have rather squarish or rectangular units. The Type-Z units on the other hand have more triangular taillights and slightly more rounded headlamps.

A/C is also a big differentiator. The Type-Z A/C controls are dials, not slides.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I used to have a Honda City 1.5L VTi and it didn't come with the Type Z logo even when we got it brand new from Honda Shaw.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Isa pa iyang makina. None of the classic SX8 Citys had VTEC, even with the larger 1.5L engine.

Kung VTi yung SX8 City mo at may VTEC ang stock na makina, that will certainly be a Type-Z model. There were a few 1.5L EXi Type-Z Citys but those were sold in 1999 to phase out the 1.5L non-VTEC engine.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by karl88 View Post
    I used to have a Honda City 1.5L VTi and it didn't come with the Type Z logo even when we got it brand new from Honda Shaw.

Thanks mga bro sa reply.. I checked the engine and it is not a Vtec. it just says "hyper 16-valve". could my car be a lower/economy version of your car of the same release year? by the way, what release year is your honda city?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Isa pa iyang makina. None of the classic SX8 Citys had VTEC, even with the larger 1.5L engine.
    Kung VTi yung SX8 City mo at may VTEC ang stock na makina, that will certainly be a Type-Z model. There were a few 1.5L EXi Type-Z Citys but those were sold in 1999 to phase out the 1.5L non-VTEC engine.
    Salamat sa mga reply bro, . actually my car not a vtec model yet. i think its a lower version of what you are describing earlier. the a/c dial, the headlight and tailight you just describe are the same.except for the non-existent "type-z" logo in trunk. could i have been scammed when i bought it?. i tried to find the honda's released City's and their specs but i cant find any in the net.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Remember the SX8 Citys came out with 1.3 and 1.5L engines. Di ka naman siguro "scammed" just because of a missing trunk emblem.

Your ride probably has the D13 engine good for 95 HP at the crank. The D13s stayed the same on all SX8s from 1997 onward, with fuel injection and box-type air cleaners. The first ones in 1996 had carburetors and a round air cleaner. It's also the only engine you get if your SX8 has an automatic transmission.

HTHs

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    most likely the previous owner had it removed....did you noticed any retouch paint on the trunk area?....if there is then maybe the shop where the previous owner had it done did not stick the type Z sticker back on...you can order from Honda Casa like Quezon ave. or Paco manila for a replacement logo.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    most likely the previous owner had it removed....did you noticed any retouch paint on the trunk area?....if there is then maybe the shop where the previous owner had it done did not stick the type Z sticker back on...you can order from Honda Casa like Quezon ave. or Paco manila for a replacement logo.
    i checked under the trunk/boot door to see if there is an attachment hole for the said "type-z" logo but found nothing. The "city" logo is also absent. just an additional info. as for the touch up paint i dont see any signs of repainting. its still the stock paint. All of the Citys' that I have seen have logo of "city" or "type z" in the trunk/boot door. this really bothers me...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ganito itsura ng City Type Z. Notice mas curvier sya than the old SX-8

The older SX-8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda City 2002 without "Type-Z" logo in trunk door