New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If you look at Japanese automakers dito sa Pinas, lahat sila ay may AT LEAST isang kotse o modelo na galing sa Japan: Toyota (Alphard, Previa, RAV4, yung mga Land Cruiser, etc.), Nissan (Murano, Teana, etc.), Suzuki (Swift, SX4, Grand Vitara, etc.), Mitsubishi (Lancer Evo X, Pajero, etc.), Mazda (6, CX-7, CX-9, etc.)

Honda lang ang wala pang Japan-made automobile (they had before.....pero ngayon wala na).

Given that they are a Japanese automaker, sana lang that they at least launch Japan-made vehicle (kahit isang model man lang).

I would suggest all or at least either of the ff:
    Civic Hybrid (FD3)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Honda FR-V/Edix

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    and my personal favorite Japan-made Honda

Honda Legend KB2

Last edited by Blackraven; September 26th, 2010 at 03:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    and my personal favorite Japan-made Honda

Honda Legend KB2

The Honda Legend is really starting to look dated.

Angular nose and rear don't blend well with the old rounded body.

The Accord Euro/JDM (Acura TSX) is a nice Honda sedan design.

Why its not sold here? Like the Mazda 6 (which doesn't sell in big numbers), its smaller than the ASEAN Camry and Accord. Most people here in the market for a mid-size sedan are looking for a roomy luxo-cruiser.
    Being made in Japan means this smaller Accord will cost as much or more than a similarly equipped (bigger) ASEAN Accord.

Will JPEPA extend to vehicles with engine displacements less than 3.0 liters?
    Last edited by AG4; September 26th, 2010 at 03:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ang pangit nun FRV, anong type of car ba yun

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    ang pangit nun FRV, anong type of car ba yun
    Its a 6 seater (3+3) MPV like the Fiat Multipla.

Honda FR-V/Edix (2004-2009)

Last edited by AG4; September 26th, 2010 at 06:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well no one wants to make cars in Japan anymore especially to export them to other countries because of the value of the Japanese Yen... Nissan in fact is the first carmaker to shift production of the March to Thailand and then sell it back home. I suspect many others will follow if the Japanese Yen continues to be strong... (and believe me it will)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well no one wants to make cars in Japan anymore especially to export them to other countries because of the value of the Japanese Yen... Nissan in fact is the first carmaker to shift production of the March to Thailand and then sell it back home. I suspect many others will follow if the Japanese Yen continues to be strong... (and believe me it will)
    Yup. The yen is way too strong... and given how things are going in the US, it'll stay strong for quite a while.

Besides... why should Honda import yet another expensive, poor-selling Japan-manufactured, non-diesel luxury car? (*cough*, Passport, *cough* *cough*)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup. The yen is way too strong... and given how things are going in the US, it'll stay strong for quite a while.

Besides... why should Honda import yet another expensive, poor-selling Japan-manufactured, non-diesel luxury car? (*cough*, Passport, *cough* *cough*)
    They never sold the Passport (Isuzu Rodeo) here, but they did sell the North American made 1st gen Pilot SUV here... it obviously didn't do well, I think I only saw 2 of them on the road.

Back in the 90's they tried to sell the luxurious 2nd gen Honda Legend here, later they tried to sell the 1st gen Honda Odyssey. These obviously didn't do well too.
    Last edited by AG4; September 26th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The HR-V was also a marketing flop. But the models that didn't sell weren't necessarily bad cars, the market just wasn't there for them.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Cars Philippines: No Japan-made Honda available???