New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mga sir, san ko po pwede ipacheck ang honda city ko type z? di ko kasi alam kung san nanggagaling ang leak tuwing umuulan ng malakas laging meron tubig sa floorboard ng car ko then nun minsan binuksan ko un trunk napansin ko din basa un mga stuff na nakalagay don..natatakot ako baka meron ng build-up ng kalawang sa sahig ng car..

sa kalye lang nakapark oto ko since nun mghabagat dinala ko sa place ng friend ko, kasi binaha un garahe kaya lately lang nadiscover na meron leak..

wala akong alam kung san ko pwede ipacheck kasi wala pang 1 year ng nabili ko oto ko and 1st time ko pa lang din magkaron kaya patulong naman mga sir..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Check the aircon drain for wear and tear. It might be the cause of your wet floor.

Experienced the same thing with my Innova. Kala ko at first there was a leak in the door panel, weather seal, etc. Kaso I noticed the carpet would get wet even when there was no rain. When I removed the carpet in the front passenger side, yun pala the aircon drain had a tear. So the water would leak underneath the front and rear carpet.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by andycapp View Post
    Check the aircon drain for wear and tear. It might be the cause of your wet floor.

Experienced the same thing with my Innova. Kala ko at first there was a leak in the door panel, weather seal, etc. Kaso I noticed the carpet would get wet even when there was no rain. When I removed the carpet in the front passenger side, yun pala the aircon drain had a tear. So the water would leak underneath the front and rear carpet.
    Share the same experience with you pero kusang nawala ung akin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mukhang hindi sa aircon ang problem kasi di ko naman ginagamit car ko almost 2 months na, nakapark lang sya sa tapat ng house ng friend ko and everytime meron biglang ulan na malakas tapos titingnan ng friend ko after ng rain..laging meron tubig na kailangan talaga limasin and sa likod lang lagi ng driver side un..pag marami lang un tubig umaabot sa floor din ng sa driver side..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jenneth View Post
    mukhang hindi sa aircon ang problem kasi di ko naman ginagamit car ko almost 2 months na, nakapark lang sya sa tapat ng house ng friend ko and everytime meron biglang ulan na malakas tapos titingnan ng friend ko after ng rain..laging meron tubig na kailangan talaga limasin and sa likod lang lagi ng driver side un..pag marami lang un tubig umaabot sa floor din ng sa driver side..

to find your leaks, you can try attaching pieces of paper towel around the suspected openings of the car at the trunk lid gasket, at the left rear door and at the weatherstrip of the rear window. the paper will leave trails as to where the water intrusion originated from. you don't have to wait for the next habagat, you can use the garden hose to spray to these areas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Yup i agree with jick.cejoco.. Weatherstrip (ito yung goma na naiipit pagsinasara yun pinto/trunk) have proper orientation during installation.. Slight misorientation of these weatherstrips usually causes the water to enter the cabin/boot..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    same as mine.. ganyan dn auto q.. nung una kala q sa weather seal, ung black rubber sa my pinto.. pero ndi dun galing eh.. my nkita aq small hole sa my ilalim na chip off cguro ..aun pinaaus q sa mekaniko w/c specializes in body works.. mula nun ok na..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Experienced the same thing sa EK ko and mystified the hell out of me for a long time, pero nasolve ni nurse Eldie ng Bukid Tuning dito sa Laguna (thanks man!)

Not sure kung exact same ang problema sa city mo, but may be the same since honda naman. There's a vent dun sa may driver's side ng rear bumper (you have to remove the bumper to access it) at yun yung may leak sa gasket nya. Pressure vent ata ito para pag sinara yung door at trunk.. Not sure what the exact function is. Nilagyan ng silicon yung gilid, ayun problem solved. Nangyari is yung leak dun ay napupunta sa trunk (kaya basa yung carpeting sa trunk) then pag nagspillover ay napupunta sa passenger compartment sa likod.. Kaya nababasa yung upuan sa likod.

Hope this helps you out or other guys with the same issue.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ had the same problem and the same solution for my ek back then.

may pics pa iyan ng how to sa hcp.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    hi jenneth, we both have the same brand and model, honda city type z. same problem as well.. how is it? have u tried any of those recommendations from our sirs? nwala na ba leaks inside your car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help..water on the rear passenger floorboard (driver side)