New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hey guys! Just wondering if you can help me with my automatic transmission problems. I have a Honda Accord that has about 100,500 miles. Every time I shift from park to drive the car jerks immensely forward as though it had just been rear ended & makes a clunking noise. It does this to every gear except neutral. Also when I shift it from drive to park it makes a loud clunking/grinding noise. The transmission is very hard to shift. I have to apply a lot of pressure to the shifter in order to change gear. I had the automatic transmission fluid drained & filled with Honda ATF fluid about 4 months ago & I also added a bottle of LUCAS transmission fix but it didn’t fix the problem. Could it be that my transmission mount is worn out? Do I need a complete transmission flush to eliminate the clunking/grinding? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    just my 2 cents, better bring it to any Honda dealership near your location,
    have a professional technician test drive your ride so they can have a more detailed diagnostic of your car. if you're near Shaw blvd. bring ur ride to Honda Shaw. Look for Elmer. He's the foreman there. He's the best that I know can troubleshoot any problems.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hello my family owns a '97 honda city exi.

recently the automatic transmission got busted. i was wondering if anybody here can give me a ball park figure of how much it would cost me to have it repaired and where is a good place i can have it repaired (aside from casa)?

hope someone could answer my query, thank you in advance.

punta ka nalang sa surplusan, sa banawe(e.rod,quezon ave side inparticular, and just buy an surplus tranny.

but bago mo ikabit, have all the fluid draid, lalo na sa torque converter. down mo yung oil pan ng a/t, the linis/palit ung filter inside. prepare 7-9 liters of CORRECT SPEC ATF...if in doubt, buy an ATF from casa(wag ka pumayag na basta kahit anong ATF ang ilagay!)

mas mura ang palit surplus than overhaul...i know ginawa ko na to,e..sa liteace ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shift shock tawag dun. might be worn out na yung belt that hold the planet gear. overhaul na yan. or better yet palit ng surplus as suggested by AY since mas mura ang surplus tranny kesa sa overhaul.
    Last edited by yebo; February 5th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    *always_yummy, yebo

mga sirs salamat sa reply. sige try ko yun surplus mejo mahal kasi talaga yun pa overhaul, ang quote sa akin ay kulang kulang 30k.

mga magkano kaya estimate kung surplus lang, mga sir? malaki kaya matitipid ko?

ps
    bakit hindi pwede yun ordinary ATF? madalas ko kasing gamitin yun nabibili lang sa gasolinahan, petron or shell.
    Last edited by ariz; February 9th, 2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: kulang

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, tama sila, cheaper to buy surplus than to overhaul. Besides, usually pareho lang ang length ng warranty (3 mos.)

For a 97 City EXi, I would assume it would be less than 14k. Kasi I got a quote for that amount for my 97 Accord. Installation labor ~3k.

For the ATF, better na you get the same spec as that listed in the manual. Dexron II lang yata ang 97 EXi. Most ordinary ATF naman, Dexron II na, kaya pwede sya

noon di ko din alalm yun, pero since i ownd my 1st matic(subic delica a/t) nalaman kong di lahat ng fluid (atf) pare pareho, nagkakatalo yan 1. sa lapot, at sa fluid characteristics(temp. tolerance,etc..)

kaya follow what's engraved sa dip-stick/owner's manual mo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    *galactus, always yummy

mga sirs thanks talaga you've helped me a lot. thats almost 50% savings, sige one of these saturdays iikot ako ng banawe to find a surplus (at yun may warranty, ).

thank you for the headsup on the atf fluid. sige i'll check my manual for the exact rating.

OT:
    to be honest sirs my primary ride nowadays is a motorcycle (150cc). the honda is mostly used by my dad or my sister.

kakatawa nga eh, kapag manghihiram ako -- car "nila"; pero tuwing masisira -- car "ko" bigla. hahahaha!

pagiikot ka sa banawe, wag ka dala sasakyan, kasi nasa suloks ang mga great deals, para iwas free-lancers din...makatwad ng maayos..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
automatic tranny problems pls.help