New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    great advice thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT medyo. yung shift shock po ba sa honda na wala namang sound (shift shock lang talaga) is normal?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteimage View Post
    Hey guys! Just wondering if you can help me with my automatic transmission problems. I have a Honda Accord that has about 100,500 miles. Every time I shift from park to drive the car jerks immensely forward as though it had just been rear ended & makes a clunking noise. It does this to every gear except neutral. Also when I shift it from drive to park it makes a loud clunking/grinding noise. The transmission is very hard to shift. I have to apply a lot of pressure to the shifter in order to change gear. I had the automatic transmission fluid drained & filled with Honda ATF fluid about 4 months ago & I also added a bottle of LUCAS transmission fix but it didn’t fix the problem. Could it be that my transmission mount is worn out? Do I need a complete transmission flush to eliminate the clunking/grinding? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

<moderator i made a mistake please delete this post. thanks.>

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir ask ko lang problem ko sa hoda vtec96, this is my firt time to use automatic tranmission... pansin ko lang mabagal ang pick up pag naka aircon eh.. bakkit kaya.. help me naman..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    merron akong mekaniko sya nag aalaga ng truck and 3 cars nmen.
    magaling sya and kaya nyang mag overhaul ng transmission kahit a/t pa...

sa las pinas mga ser.. labor nya is less than 20k. kumpara mo sa casa.

kung trip nyo, sabihan nyo lang ako.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ariz View Post
    hello my family owns a '97 honda city exi.

recently the automatic transmission got busted. i was wondering if anybody here can give me a ball park figure of how much it would cost me to have it repaired and where is a good place i can have it repaired (aside from casa)?

hope someone could answer my query, thank you in advance.
    just an update folks, turned out it was my CV joint that got busted, transmission is still relatively okay, its working fine now. total damage 9k petots.

thanks to everyone that offered their advice!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_vtec View Post
    sir ask ko lang problem ko sa hoda vtec96, this is my firt time to use automatic tranmission... pansin ko lang mabagal ang pick up pag naka aircon eh.. bakkit kaya.. help me naman..

Your aircon compressor can grab enought power from your engine during acceleration. Try to turn off the A/C during take off and turn it on during normal cruise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
automatic tranny problems pls.help