New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks sir...Honda Shaw did the car's last preventive maintenance just this month prior to having the car turnovered to me by the company. my comments below po.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i suggest you give the car a full service:
    1. new spark plugs (use NGK bkr6e) Honda Shaw used Honda plugs

2. new oil (try 10w-40 grade) casa used Honda oil...will check again kung 10w-40 yung viscosity

3. new transmission oil (use only honda ATF) kasama din ito sa pinalitan nila

4. get the valve tappets adjusted and timing back to spec (baka naka advance yan) this I have to get checked

5. have the throttle body and MAF sensors cleaned (again, casa can do this) will have this done kasabay ng pa-check ng timing (but DEFINITELY not with Honda SHAW )

6. check your tire pressures (put 31 psi all around) will do that, sir

7. switch to better fuel (try caltex with technron so you clean the injectors too) using PETRON XCS right now...subukan ko mag-CALTEX Techron just to compare

the LXi has a small engine, but it should not do 5km to the liter normal traffic. lagi ka ba nakahinto sa traffic? running on idle at traffice gets you zero km/liter. madalas nga ako ma-traffic sir...short-trips din madalas (less than 10kms)

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks for this sir...will have these checked immediately(running rich, possible problems with the torque converter)

any shops you can recommend na mahusay sa ganitong problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Paps kung sa tingin mo ay ok naman at malinis lahat ng visible parts (throttle body/air filter/fuel filter/non-faulty brakes/no suspension-tire contact etc) na pwede mo i-check for good condition, maaring yung mga invisible parts (ECU fuel map data, MAP sensor [you could be running too rich]) ang gustuhin mong ipa-check naman kung ok ang kondisyon.

Yung tropa ko naka-matic LXi din naman eh. All good condition yung engine, ecu and suspension niya kala lang matakaw pa din daw sa gas kasi "sliding" daw yung torque converter niya (yun ang sabi niya, although wala akong masyadong alam how A/T works).

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by c_VIC'to View Post
    thanks for this sir...will have these checked immediately(running rich, possible problems with the torque converter)

any shops you can recommend na mahusay sa ganitong problems?
    Sorry sir I can't recommend any shop that checks torque converters since I never came across the problem (my Civic was M/T) ...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Typical for a 10 km trip in traffic would likely be around 6 km/l.

Who knows? It'll depend on the condition of the auto... you'll have to tune-up and have all your sensors checked, then try to measure again.

One thing to note... the summer heat is horrible. Combine that with the incredible traffic due to the construction project going on all around the city, and 5 km/l is believable. How long do your trips often take?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Who knows? It'll depend on the condition of the auto... you'll have to tune-up and have all your sensors checked, then try to measure again.

One thing to note... the summer heat is horrible. Combine that with the incredible traffic due to the construction project going on all around the city, and 5 km/l is believable. How long do your trips often take?
    +100 ako sa mga sinuggest ni sir volts... isa lang sa mga yan ang culprit. have your AT engine oil replaced but make sure to use hona ATF only. may spare pa ako sa bahay if you like. 2 liters lang magagamit mo for ATF change oil. may drain plug yan sa ilalim tapos lalagay mo yung ATF sa dipstick. i had mine replaced 3 months ago, very smooth shifting ngayon

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks for this sir niky...will keep this in mind...papa-full tank uli ako then will record the mileage again...

my short trips are often about 30min-1hour...almost all within 10kms.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ** sorry double post **

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    that would be close to normal i guess since you said that your travel time for a 10-km distance is already close to an hour. that would indicate a 10-20kph average speed.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    will be bringing my LXi to the shop this weekend...will update this thread later.

salamat sa lahat ng inputs, mga sir

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    hahaha. parang v8 lang ah. 5 km per liter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Halos 5km/L lang ang '96 LXi ko