New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    GD vs. FD for driving fun?

Drive them back to back before you cement your decision. If I were you I'd get your GD8 City back (yaaay new CVT!) and ditch the FD1. "Class" aside, they're just not in the same ballpark - the FD is at least 100 lb heavier than it should be, and so that blunts its responses (even worse with huge wheels).

18" wheels on an FD + our road conditions = bonkers. There is a reason why most lightweight wheels are truly "lightweight" only in the 15" and 16" diameters. The same model of lightweight wheel at 17" or 18" tends to suffer a huge jump in weight - bad for acceleration, bad for fuel economy, bad for refinement/NVH. And let's not get started with the cost of tires.

17s are the largest you should fit on an FD if you must.

CVT, the FD1 Civic 1.8s do not have electric power steering - I believe only the FD2 2.0 variants get it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i am leaning towards the FD guys.

na test drive ko na ulit yung City. pero parang laspag na. nafefeel ko na yung age ng car. natatanggal na yung tint lalo na sa rear, syempre marami narin gasgas hehe and some dents narin.

but the acceleration was just insane lol. and yes, im still a big fan of the CVT just like CVT (hehe pati ba naman username CVT?)

but i think its a wise decision to just trade in nalang that City to the 2.2R EX Sorento hehe.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ang dami nyo nang oto bibili nanaman

Kaysarap ng problema nyo.

Kung ako, doon na ako sa FD. Mas bago, mas maporma, mas malaki, mas mabilis, mas.. lahat.

OR. Swap mo yung City sa Sorento 2.2 CRDi tapos yun nalang ang sa iyo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd be keeping the FD bro. The City is old already and as you have stated, it's condition isn't considered as top notch. And even though it's transmission is new, you cannot deny the fact that it was replaced already.

And since you find the FD's ride a bit harsh and you're aware of the bengkongs that might happen to you ( knock on wood ) while you're shoes are still 18's. I'd say, decrease the size to 17's or yet 16's.

If ever, will you avail the pre-selling of Kia ? If you will, forget it. But if you won't then trading your City to a, I suppose a Brand new sorento won't be a bad choice either.

So for me both choices -, keep the FD & change to 17's/16's or Trade the city with a sorento - won't be as bad as keeping your beloved City.

Hmmm ... if you are willing to drive a car with a manual transmission why not get a different City with a Manual Tranny slapped to it. Atleast you'll be having a somewhat similar car.

Your choice bro, goodluck

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good luck with whatever you choose sir

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I'll keep the FD. Then we will trade the GD for a 2.2R EX. Yun na yung decision ko hehehe. But the City will always be missed haha. Time to move on. Mahirap talagang i let go ang first car, lalo na kapag ang dami niyo nang napuntahan

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I would have made the same decision that you have made Sir. Keep the FD and get the Sorento on the side.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    oo nga hehe pero maging dalawa na aming sorento haha!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    tingin ko tama naman yung decision mo suysuy. just go back to 16s or 17s on your wheels.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    oo nga hehe pero maging dalawa na aming sorento haha!
    Noticed you have 07 1.4L Rio in the list, what is the FC? You were particular with your CVT's excellent fuel consumption so I assume you monitor FC regularly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Guys, Help Me With A Very Tough Decision.