New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Nagkaroon kasi ng problema, We where about to drive home our Jazz 1.5V, but due to problems which i can't disclose right now, we canceled the deal.

Ok lemme explain first, I believe many of you here fellow tsikoters, know my problem about our problematic honda city 1.5L VTEC CVT (transmission problem). I told you we sold the car. yes we sold the car, we sold the car to our dealer (HCDI) because we gave up (regarding the transmission), the reason is, honda thailand will not let us claim warranty. so we sold the car for 400k+ (actually they bought it for 400k+ ignoring the defective transmission, since we are an influential family, and nahiya na rin ang owner ng HCDI). it serves as the downpayment for our supposed to be Honda Jazz 1.5V which is supposed to be given to my younger sister.

since im still a student, that honda city was my first car and my daily drive for 4 years+ for a total of almost 40,000kms. since we sold that car, my dad gave me his 2009 FD Honda Civic 1.8S.

Now, that the honda jazz was canceled, our honda city will also be back hehehe

That honda city has had its transmission replaced already, meaning, naka free rin kami sa gastos. nasa stock room lang ng dealer yung city for almost 3 months.

We have two options, trade it with a kia sorento 2.2R EX or we will not trade it but keep the car instead.

now my problem is, I want to go back with my Honda City for many reasons:

1. Fuel Economy (12km City, around 20+ Highway)
    2. Cargo Space
    3. Maneuverability ( I find the EPS more interesting)
    4. 205/45/R16 Tires
    5. Fun to Drive (7Speed)
    6. Can sprint from 0-100 in just 8.5+ seconds! (CVT FTW)
    7.. I missed that car so much lol
    *Take note though: The transmission is brand new. I will get the car tomorrow, and will test drive it.
    Also, naka upgrade na ang headlights, my sound system na etc.

For me, i would really like to go back to my old car

In my experience, The Honda Civic is just too much for me. And i dont like it wrapped with 225/40/R18 mas matagtag pa sa honda City! sad thing, the stock tires are no longer available, and whats worse, i get around 7.5km city driving and around 12km highway (davao butuan and butuan davao)
    It also feels heavy (maybe because sa tires?) and the steering is heavy, but very precise though! mahirap tingnan ang side mirrors, para kasing malaki pero kokonti lang ang makikita mo, parang may blind spot

also, our FD has this weird noises (engine mounts/right suspension) and also kumakabig sa right.

what i like with the FD is it looks nice lalo na naka R18's, and its a class above the honda city.

Im am so torn between the two cars. I can also drive the cars of my parents occasionally but i need to choose my daily drive. As of now, im driving the FD for 3 months already, but still, i miss my old car, and due to the fact that is is more fuel efficient, im thinking of switching back with my former ride.

I do hope merong advice dito na walang bias hehe, I dont want to make the wrong choice eh lol.

Is it a good idea? or should i just stay with my current civic?
    Last edited by suysuy; June 2nd, 2010 at 11:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    since the city is 4 years old already, and i think you can afford a new ride, why not push through for the Jazz, its newer and less problematic(its new except if its a lemon).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Keep the FD.

2009 unit means you can have most things fixed under warranty. If you drive that thing long or far enough, lalabas lahat ng sakit ng kotse such that mapapaayos mo na kaagad before the warranty lapses. Yung kabig, pa wheel alignment mo nalang. Have honda check everything under warranty.

If you hate the ride, get rid of the 18s. Find a nice set of OEM 17s (the honda modulo ones or the ones that came with the 2.0S-Ls) then get better tires.

Super gaan ang steering ng FD assuming you're using stock spec tires/rims.

17" rim suggestions
    (credit is due to where i took the pics from)

Modulo Casa rims (known as HFP rims in the US):

2.0 S-L rims (EP3R rims)

Integra Type R rims

16" Enkei T1 2.0S/S-L Rims (2006-2007)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    thanks for the inputs. babalikan ko ito tomorrow. will convice my dad na mag 17's nalang.

natatakot kasi ako sa 18 baka ma bengkong. though naka survive na ako sa isang biyahe pero magandang daan naman rin kasi ang pa north dito sa amin, sa south ang grabeng lubak. i dont think it will survive there hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    thanks for the inputs. babalikan ko ito tomorrow. will convice my dad na mag 17's nalang.

natatakot kasi ako sa 18 baka ma bengkong. though naka survive na ako sa isang biyahe pero magandang daan naman rin kasi ang pa north dito sa amin, sa south ang grabeng lubak. i dont think it will survive there hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    What makes you happier nalang piliin mo sir

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'd grab the 09FD over the 06City bro, anytime... I hope your new wheels will work just right with your comfort zone....

I see though, that you're still a big fan of the CVT... I am with you (I am missing my Jazz CVT, too)... Driving that was a 'surreal' experience.....

Isn't the FD with EPS, too? (Our 09City has it. Less load on the engine.....)...

10K:dance1:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i think you are looking for something that's more fun to drive my vote goes to the jazz or ford focus

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd trade the old banger for the Sorento R 2.2 EX

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    You read most of the opinion of our fellow tsikot member .Think twice and follow what you really want. Goodluck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Guys, Help Me With A Very Tough Decision.