New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hanap ka na lang surplus na oem stanley fog lamps. sakit lang ng ulo kasi iyong mga replacements kasi eventually papasukin lang din ng tubig tapos mag discolor or lalabo lang din

try mo sa olx baka meron benta doon bro

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    hanap ka na lang surplus na oem stanley fog lamps. sakit lang ng ulo kasi iyong mga replacements kasi eventually papasukin lang din ng tubig tapos mag discolor or lalabo lang din

try mo sa olx baka meron benta doon bro
    OEM Stanley floglamps are very hard to come by. I had a hard time looking for them when one of my Stanley foglamp cracked from a wayward stone kicked by a vehicle in front of me.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ganun ba? dami na kasi benta ng surplus oem stanley headlight assemblies ( pre mmc & mmc models) so i thought it won't be that hard to find orig foglamps

in that case, i've seen several replacement civic fd foglamps for sale at atc's motortown. maybe our friend from cavite can score some there
    Last edited by baludoy; October 20th, 2016 at 11:53 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ganun ba? dami na kasi benta ng surplus oem stanley headlight assemblies ( pre mmc & mmc models) so i thought it won't be that hard to find orig foglamps

in that case, i've seen several replacement civic fd foglamps for sale at atc's motortown. maybe our friend from cavite can score some there
    Alam ko kasi, the OEM Standley foglamps only came with the early 2.0S FD. AFAIK, all 1.8S and V FDs came with aftermarket foglamps. I could be wrong.

The only people selling those Stanley foglamps are the few and rare owners who have modified their front bumpers. In fact, I got my used Stanleys from an FD modder. Otherwise, nobody is stupid enough to sell their Stanleys and either switch to aftermarkets or cover up the holes in their bumper.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Alam ko kasi, the OEM Standley foglamps only came with the early 2.0S FD. AFAIK, all 1.8S and V FDs came with aftermarket foglamps. I could be wrong.
    i didn't know that bit of nugget. since '06 2.0 s-l iyong sa akin and it came w/ stanleys, i've always assumed that all FDs came w/ stanley oem fog lamps.

so what replacement fog lamp brands do later fd models have? as far as i can tell, those factory installed fog lamps do not leak nor discolor

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i didn't know that bit of nugget. since '06 2.0 s-l iyong sa akin and it came w/ stanleys, i've always assumed that all FDs came w/ stanley oem fog lamps.

so what replacement fog lamp brands do later fd models have? as far as i can tell, those factory installed fog lamps do not leak nor discolor
    For a while I think they offered Stanley folamps for the 1.8 models. They're expensive so dealers also offer aftrmarket foglamps. Esuse was the brand I think. These were plastic so they will discolor with use.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    For a while I think they offered Stanley folamps for the 1.8 models. They're expensive so dealers also offer aftrmarket foglamps. Esuse was the brand I think. These were plastic so they will discolor with use.
    Sir... what can you reccomend for fog lamps... civic 2008 ung car ko and all stock

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by markivan220486 View Post
    Sir... what can you reccomend for fog lamps... civic 2008 ung car ko and all stock
    Unfortunately, only the original Stanleys will last forever. Everything else will last maybe 2-3 years if you use it sparingly... 1-2 years if you use it a lot. Ganun talaga. When I had a pair of Esuse, I only use them to illuminate corners when turning or when there are a lot of potholes. Wala naman fog sa MM so I try not use them longer than a few minutes. It lasted 3 years naman before I replaced them with Stanleys. Swerte lang ako nung time na yun.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Unfortunately, only the original Stanleys will last forever. Everything else will last maybe 2-3 years if you use it sparingly... 1-2 years if you use it a lot. Ganun talaga. When I had a pair of Esuse, I only use them to illuminate corners when turning or when there are a lot of potholes. Wala naman fog sa MM so I try not use them longer than a few minutes. It lasted 3 years naman before I replaced them with Stanleys. Swerte lang ako nung time na yun.
    San po kaya makakakita ng stanley brand for my civic? Or mas maganda po ba na magpalagay if may body kits na ung kotse?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fog Lamps for Honda Civic FD