New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hi guys,

Need help. yesterday when I was driving smoke suddenly came from the master switch on the driver's side. upon further inspection after removing the parts, it seems that there's a burnt portion of the master switch board that affects the right front passenger window, luckily it didn't end up in a fire.

So what I did, I cleaned the board, until today you can still smell burnt plastic. I reinstalled it, all other windows are still functioning using the master switch except for the affected switch which is the front right passenger window. I can open it using the switch installed on that specific door.

Do you think it's safe to use the car with the damaged switch board installed? I tried to go to a local car shop but they claimed that they don't service those kinds of damages. I haven't gone to any honda car shop before but I'm planning to visit if this can't be resolved. Maybe there's a part that I can just buy and replace? I saw a part number SAE-P03 but I'm not sure if it contains the switch board as well.

Need your help guys. I know at one point there as a recall made because of this issue but mostly its in the US. Also, this car is from my Aunt, honda jazz model 2005, so it's out of warranty.

Thanks!
    Nash

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    you better go to expert electrician Sir or casa before wasting hours of expensive diagnostic time, they will test all fuse circuits & relays, bad current or ground connection blown fuse and the like.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    thanks sir. boss may marecommend ba kayo shop bandang laguna - alabang area? aside from honda casa.. cguradong mahal kasi dun. baka may alam kayo car shop? thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    no idea Sir, coz i live in Pasig Kapitolyo.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i remember a global recall a few years back about the power window switch burning...

im not sure if it was a honda or toyota...

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    matagal na po yun and according to honda hindi raw kasama pinas. you think guys I can go to honda for them to help me out?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Ang palpak sa mga Honda City/Jazz na nandito sa pinas eh yung CVT. Unfortunately, hindi ni recall yung mga unit dahil malaki ang malulugi sa Honda pag nagkataon. As per my service advisor, around 300k++ daw yung tranny assembly kaya ayun, naghanap na lang ako sa banawe nun nung nagpalit ako.

I may be stupid, but I am not a fool.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Ang palpak sa mga Honda City/Jazz na nandito sa pinas eh yung CVT. Unfortunately, hindi ni recall yung mga unit dahil malaki ang malulugi sa Honda pag nagkataon. As per my service advisor, around 300k++ daw yung tranny assembly kaya ayun, naghanap na lang ako sa banawe nun nung nagpalit ako.

AFAIK, hindi palpak yung CVT ng honda. Mali lang nilagay na tranny fluid thats why they failed eventually. They should have used CVTF right from the factory pero matitigas ang ulo, ATF ang nilagay.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If that was the case, the units should have been recalled. Fault naman pala nila yung nangyari eh. Laki kaya ng nagastos ko sa unit ko dahil dun.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    boss sa surplus po ba may makikita rin na ganitong part SAE-P03. eto po ata yung kit na dapat palitan.. kung merom man sa honda casa nito malamang mahal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast