New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    pls help me, im planning to buy a 2nd hand car, actually it's gonna be my first car.. i have a prospect Honda esi 95 mdl * P170k, kya lang nag change engine na cya, from stock engine then upgrade na cya sa vtec engine. My uncle told me na hindi na ok un kasi nag change engine na cya, worried lang ako kasi baka in the long run eh chaka ako mag karoon ng problem as engine kasi hindi un ung stock nya... i admit i have non knowledge when it come to car parts most especially engine... I need your opinion if it's ok with me to buy the esi (ang gwapo din kasi nun auto eh). thanks...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sir,

There is nothing bad in changing engines maybe the owner wants a more powerful engine or the old engine is busted..in my opinion.But you have to consider checking twice or thrice all possible faults the car may get into,if your going to buy this car,better to have a trustworthy and expert mechanic beside you when checking after all these second hand cars have their flaws because of their deteriorating age.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    esi 95 (change engine)
    pls help me, im planning to buy a 2nd hand [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR], actually it's gonna be my first car.. i have a prospect Honda esi 95 mdl * P170k, kya lang nag change engine na cya, from stock engine then upgrade na cya sa vtec engine. My uncle told me na hindi na ok un kasi nag change engine na cya, worried lang ako kasi baka in the long run eh chaka ako mag karoon ng problem as engine kasi hindi un ung stock nya... i admit i have non knowledge when it come to car parts most especially engine... I need your opinion if it's ok with me to buy the esi (ang gwapo din kasi nun auto eh). thanks...

Don't be fooled by the exterior looks,madali yan,check mo yung mga pang loob specially engine and tranny

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I for one drive an eg sedan (esi) which has undergone an engine swap prior to my acquisition..

It runs on jdm d15b...

As per comparison (on paper and test drives), mas powerful and fuel-efficient and d15b compared to whatever stock (ph16, ph15) engine the esi has...

1. Are you sure it's an esi? Baka naman lx or dx?
    2. Regardless of whatever stock engine it may have, the current vtec engine should be much powerful and economical.
    3. Ano daw ba yung engine? d15b? d15b (3 stage)? d16a? b16a? d16zc? ... and yung source: from stock vti? from japan surplus?

The esi is a nice car, very dependable at maporma.. Are you getting the rest as stock except the engine?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thanks a lot for your help guys, actually were planning na to see the car this sunday and i seek help from a very good mechanic of my uncle who used to work in a buy and sell shop.. About your questions Issa1023, im not dat sure about the kind of engine he replaced but im very much sure the car is an esi 95 mdl, as ive said, i dnt know much about engines hehe, trip ko lang mag drive hehe, but i still wanna know even just a little bit about engines and other car stuff. thank you so much for all the info and ideas, ill give you an update what my mechanic will say about the esi... hope your still there to answer more of my questions hehehe. good day!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Check also the proper document regarding the change in engine . Its an engine swap some if not done properly have a problem in wiring harness .

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    up^^

Make sure indicated na sa or/cr yung new engine niya. hence, it should not be ph16 on paper...

bro, 1995 din yun sakin. malapit na bumigay yung compressor ko. pacheck mo maige sa mekaniko tapos pag mukhang bibigay na din, tawaran mo ng husto pambili ng replacement. mga nsa 13k yata brand new nun na original eh...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kindly ask the seller who did the transplant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mas ok kung change engine na.depende din kung anung makina ang nilagay. at san niya ito pinagawa.

esi 95 (change engine)