New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    fellow honda accord owners. I have a 2004 accord 2.0L i-vitec, matic and I need your advise on how to improve its performance.

1. low range rpm is pathetic specially on 2nd gear
    2. there is a half second lag when I press on accelerator
    3. ang kupad sa arangkada
    4. ang lakas sa gas, Im getting 7.3km/ltr for a 2.0L engine

what I want is a more responsive car, I am willing to modify things under the hood at a max price of 10t siguro. friends tell me change intake and exhaust lang but I worry about its exposure to water elements pag rainy season na, what can you advice a novice like me? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    intake n exhaust lng kakasya sa budget mo

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    blue bimmer- yes, I know. would changing only that increase my low and mid range power? would you recommend I start with a low budget like change to K&N filter, tpos pag d umubra change the intake and exhaust? Im not after racing, I just want to improve the low and mid range power of my car by 10% maybe? thanks for your input. btw, may alam ka bang magaling magkabit dito sa prque?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    afaik IHE upgrade is not meant for low end power in fact i think u will sacrifice low end power for mid or high end power instead, n u wont really feel anything even if u change to K&N intake. if u really want to 'feel' ur upgrade swap out ur ECU for a performance chip but that would void ur warranty..not 100% sure though hehe

dami pwede gawin... change your headers, port and polish, exhaust... but you won't see any dramatic improvement. If you want performance gains, go turbo.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    iluvdetailing- i dont want to spend a lot kung no dramatic improvement and results. any more suggestions?

bluebimmer- thanks for the input, so I guess intake/exhaust is not the right option.

All I want is to add some (more like MORE) torque to my car para di ako mabitin. nakakainis i-drive, arangkada ng diesel innova ko mas malakas pa sa kanya, and thats no exaggeration

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Since I am new to this chat thing, why isnt the box with "quote message in reply" in my message box working?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    try asking around for performance ECU chips for ur accord..its the easiest upgrade i can think of for ur new accord. mahal lng nga mga 30-50k not sure. pgtyagaan mo nalang ganyan din sa Gen2 V ng bro ko mas mahina hatak compared sa Gen1 of my eldest bro.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tried asking with regards to K&N filters on the accord. I have the same model kasi. one shop advised against installing one. they prefer the drop-in type sa airbox instead of replacing the whole thing. they did it daw on a crv and humina daw hatak ng low. hmm...curious pa naman ako sa 'Typhoon' para sa accord..(20K++ yung price) been meaning to replace the exhaust too..

with regards to ECU, been asking around din. kaso nga lang, mahal. but I've been itching to replace this na.

ILD: any recommendations sa turbo? BTW, accord yan nasa sig pic ko... hehe

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    bluebimmer- thanks. nakakasuya no? bakit di nila magawa sa accord ung nagagawa nila sa civic? di kaya under powered ung makina dito sa pinas para mabenta ng mura? sa US la namang 2.0 e, base model nga nila 2.4 na. tsk tsk

dehadista- drop down din ang "first move" ko sana, takot akong tumirik sa baha, pero sabi ni bluebimmer minimal ang effect kaya hesitant ako.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
enhancing accord performance