New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yes boss, 300%!!!! pero with mine, original ang pinalit ko..its back to original

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    This procedure was taken from the OEM shop manual. Being a DIY junkie and with an empty wallet, I decided to replace the side engine mount of my FD all by myself and I would like to share it with everyone...

TOOLS ANDMATERIALS NEEDED:
    - Crocodile Jack
    - block of wood
    - 10, 14, 17, 19 mm socket wrench
    - 10, 14, 17, 19 mm combination wrenches
    - socket wrench extension 6" or longer (the longer the extension, the easier for the mechanic)
    - Anti Sieze grease or any grease
    - Torque wrench upto 76 ft-lbs

PARTS NEEDED:
    Side engine mount part number 50820-SNB-J02 (replacement part, not OEM)

PROCEDURE:

1. Support the engine with a crocodile jack and wood block under the oil pan.

2. Remove the bolt (A) securing the A/C line, then remove the upper torque rod (B).

3. Remove the ground cable (A), then remove the side engine mount bracket (B).

The bracket (B) maybe hard to remove because the weight of the engine pushing it against the broken engine mount. You may need to jack up the engine by a few millimeters in order for the bracket to become loose. Once the bracket is removed you will see the engine mount torn!

Imagine that.. the engine is no longer attached to then mount! :o If you see a crack on the side engine mount replace it immediately!

4. Remove the side engine mount stiffener (A), then remove the side engine mount (B).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Side engine mount removed

new replacement mount side by side with the OEM broken mount...

removed parts for reinstallation

5. Install the side engine mount, then install the side engine mount stiffener.

6. Install the side engine mount bracket (A), then loosely tighten the new bolt and nut (B), and loosely tighten the bolt (C).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    7. Install the ground cable (D).

8. Remove the air cleaner housing assembly.

9. Loosen the transmission mounting bolt and nuts (A).

10. Raise the hoist to full height if you have a lifter available. Kung wala higaan mo nalang sa ilalim para ma access ang tranny mount bolt.

11. Remove the engine undercover.

12. Loosen the lower torque rod mounting bolt (A).

13. Lower the vehicle on the hoist kung naka lifter

14. Tighten the side engine mount mounting bolts and nut.

15. Tighten the transmission mounting bolt and nuts.

16. Raise the hoist to full height kung may lifter, kung wala higaan ulit sa ilalim

17. Tighten the lower torque rod mounting bolt.

18. Install the engine undercover.

19. Lower the vehicle on the hoist.

20. Install the air cleaner housing assembly.

21. Install the upper torque rod (A), then tighten the new upper torque rod mounting bolts in the numbered sequence shown.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    22. Install the bolt (B) securing the A/C line.

Here's my new engine mount installed!

total cost = 1500 pesos. Part available at HRC banawe. ;)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Emong3 View Post
    22. Install the bolt (B) securing the A/C line.

Here's my new engine mount installed!

total cost = 1500 pesos. Part available at HRC banawe. ;)
    DIY at your own risk, pwede rin naman...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saludo ako sa DIY but I don't think I have the skills to risk it. How long does mel casaba finish installing the engine side mounting? Gusto ko sana same day makuha as it's for the daily use of my wife to and from her office. Kaya daw ng one day sa casa. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by luloym View Post
    Saludo ako sa DIY but I don't think I have the skills to risk it. How long does mel casaba finish installing the engine side mounting? Gusto ko sana same day makuha as it's for the daily use of my wife to and from her office. Kaya daw ng one day sa casa. Thanks!
    ONE DAY???? sa casa??? ang tagal naman po , wala pa 1 hr iyung sa akin, hinintay lang dumating iyung parts kaya matagal ko konti sir. Kitang kita ko pa paano bila remove and install iyung engine support.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung ako first time ko ginawa yan, following the printed installation procedure sa manual step by step it took me 2 hours to complete the job.

Sa Honda SPA in 1 hour kaya tapusin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maraming, maraming salamat po, sirs emong and bong! Huling kulit na lang po... directions going to HRC Banawe (coming from welcome rotunda) and directions going to mel casaba (coming from de la salle dasmarinas). You both have really been a big, big help! Maraming, maraming salamat po ulit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
engine side mounting