New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,179
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The thread started just wanted a bit more power from his existing engine. So I would think engine swaps would be out of the question.

    Also, if an engine swap is to be done, a lot of prep work will be needed, especially the engine mounts that needed to be moved. The area where it will be re-welded to will need reinforcement. If not, the sheet metal will tear off.
    hmm from what i know, d series and b series engine mounts, konti lang modification. suggest ko lang sana para instant power.

    anyway, if out of the question engine swaps, ill say change the head to a d15b 20 cams plus p08 ecu. then after IHE upgrade. (sorry nahuli pagedit ko hehe)

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    126
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I do think it's possible to tune this engine (without resorting to turbos) to gain a bit more power but you are looking at a potential cost of at least P25,000 to P50,000 on the engine related mods alone.

    Going for normally aspirated modified engine, that would include headers, intake, & exhaust works. To tune the engine's performance, either a V-AFC (vtec-airflow controller) or a piggyback ecu is recommended. You will also need some dyno tuning time (at P4000 to P5000 per hour) to get the best power from your mods. While on the dyno, you can also have the ignition timing advanced for more power.

    You can contact SPEEDLAB and ask Ferman on his opinion & experience on the potentials of your engine. http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.php

    If you have more budget to spend, you can go for a turbo upgrade. That would add 30 to 50hp on your current engine's output. The budget you would need would be anywhere from P120,000 to P200,000 depending on your preferred list of parts (including new or surplus turbocharger).

    One notch down from a turbo upgrade is a nitrous-oxide system. This can give you the power & punch of a turbo for a limited time and lower cost. This setup would go for between P60,000 to P120,000 depending on kit type and if new or used.
    Copy ghosthunter! This is the advise that I am looking for. Thanks a lot!

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    126
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    for me:

    a. budget of 50k.. IHE upgrade + suspension OR change head from a d15b 20 cams and ecu

    b. budget of 100k... slap a b16a + suspension

    c. budget of 150k - 200k... slap a b18c + suspension

    for me pinakasulit option b and c. pagsaksak, game na kagad for power.
    Noted on this too archie. I will consider this also. Please, keep the suggestions coming.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    126
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The thread started just wanted a bit more power from his existing engine. So I would think engine swaps would be out of the question.

    Also, if an engine swap is to be done, a lot of prep work will be needed, especially the engine mounts that needed to be moved. The area where it will be re-welded to will need reinforcement. If not, the sheet metal will tear off.
    Does the suspension come with upgraded disks brakes as well?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    Does the suspension come with upgraded disks brakes as well?
    Nope. Suspension and brakes are two difference things to upgrade.

    If you are NOT going to engine swaps, turbos or nitrous, you stock brakes will be fine. If you still want to upgrade them, you can have better brake pads like Bendix Metal Kings (metallic brake pads) installed to offer more bite.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,656
    #16
    Basic IHE would do, especially if the budget is limited. But if you're willing to shell out to atleast 150k for engine mods alone then turbo-ing the current engine is another good choice. :thumbup:

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    126
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Basic IHE would do, especially if the budget is limited. But if you're willing to shell out to atleast 150k for engine mods alone then turbo-ing the current engine is another good choice. :thumbup:
    pardon my ignorance but what exactly does IHE mean?

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    pardon my ignorance but what exactly does IHE mean?
    Intake Headers Exhaust

    These are basic breathing mods for engines. Your engine can't make more power if it can't breath well. For more current engines, you may not need to do these mods but older engines will usually perform better with proper IHE mods.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    126
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    hmm from what i know, d series and b series engine mounts, konti lang modification. suggest ko lang sana para instant power.

    anyway, if out of the question engine swaps, ill say change the head to a d15b 20 cams plus p08 ecu. then after IHE upgrade. (sorry nahuli pagedit ko hehe)
    sir how much would i need to change the head as you suggested and where can I have this done?

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    126
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Intake Headers Exhaust

    These are basic breathing mods for engines. Your engine can't make more power if it can't breath well. For more current engines, you may not need to do these mods but older engines will usually perform better with proper IHE mods.
    I see. Thanks ghosthunter! I think I'll go with these plus the head upgrade that archie suggested.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine Mods for Honda City Type Z