New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi Guys,

Help I plan on buying a Honda EK Hatchback, ano ano ba version ng EK and ano pros and cons

thank you

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Meron ek2,ek3,ek4 at ek9.Alam ko d13b at d15b ang engines ng ek2 at ek3.Sa ek4 at ek9 b16 ang engine.

Mga dapat tignan
    papers
    conversion
    condition nung sasakyan

Tignan mo lahat loob labas,engine at ilalim.
    Test drive mo mabuti patakbuhin mo sa highway ng mabilis.

If you happen to see a for sale ek hatchback in evangelista don't even bother to check it.It is literally a scary ek hatchback.
    Read also the A Scary Experience in http://shopjournalistsph.proboards.com/index.cgi
    Last edited by gearspeed; May 11th, 2009 at 09:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    not worth the trouble, that's my opinion.

it will either have a B or R plate. for the next 3 years pirmi ka paparahin ng TMG nyan if you live in manila. kung sa cebu, oks lang. dito medyo mainit, kasi alam nila maraming underpaid tax na ganyan.

converted pa... how will you know kung good? i don't know... even some expert mechanics nadedenggoy jan because of the intricacies of conversion, kaya beware na lang.

the only plus side of buying a converted hatch for me is when you plan to drag race it. strip out the interior, install a roll cage. power to weight ratio is excellent without the car pulling two extra doors and a trunk behind it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    there are many versions of eks . ek3 ek4 ek9 are the most common,for me try to get the ek4 with the 3 stage d15b engine, ek9 is so expensive for a surplus unit but good for racing, there are many things to consider before buying an ek, 1 is the c.p. clearance, if it has a c.p clearance try to double check it with customs kung legal at hindi ba palusot ang c.p. or hindi ba underpaid .madali lang kc mag pagawa nang c.p. clearance na fake just to sell the car, 2 is the conversion of the car you have to check where was it done,who did the conversion,how was it converted,kung sa tabi2x lang pina convert forget about the car,to have a really good conversion you have to spend almost 100k (i think )for it orig parts na ,like dash ,rack,pinon, the cables from the gas,trunk and hood, then you have the firewall and etc etc

but there are many good eks that are running especially when the owners are super rich and dont give a rats ass about spending for the conversion,

i was going to buy an ek3 non vtec d15b engine ,the conversion was done buy honda cars cebu with records, manual tranny but unfortunately the papers are not complete,i had the chance to test drive it, the car felt so light and the acceleration was fast was for a non vtec engine,sayang lang ,instead i bought a hatch eg 94 with a b16a engine hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joshi View Post
    there are many versions of eks . ek3 ek4 ek9 are the most common,for me try to get the ek4 with the 3 stage d15b engine, ek9 is so expensive for a surplus unit but good for racing, there are many things to consider before buying an ek, 1 is the c.p. clearance, if it has a c.p clearance try to double check it with customs kung legal at hindi ba palusot ang c.p. or hindi ba underpaid .madali lang kc mag pagawa nang c.p. clearance na fake just to sell the car, 2 is the conversion of the car you have to check where was it done,who did the conversion,how was it converted,kung sa tabi2x lang pina convert forget about the car,to have a really good conversion you have to spend almost 100k (i think )for it orig parts na ,like dash ,rack,pinon, the cables from the gas,trunk and hood, then you have the firewall and etc etc

but there are many good eks that are running especially when the owners are super rich and dont give a rats ass about spending for the conversion,

i was going to buy an ek3 non vtec d15b engine ,the conversion was done buy honda cars cebu with records, manual tranny but unfortunately the papers are not complete,i had the chance to test drive it, the car felt so light and the acceleration was fast was for a non vtec engine,sayang lang ,instead i bought a hatch eg 94 with a b16a engine hehehe
    nice pare.. pwde po ba magpaturo kasi ako plano ko din bumili ng hatch kaso hnd ko lam if anu mas maganda na kabitan ng magandang makina at ng turbo set up.

kaso po im here in laguna ang layo masydo po ng cebu dito.. hahahha.. san ba mas murang bilihan bukod sa cebu? thank you po kuya

EK Hatchback help