New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    TS wag ka na mag eg hatch marami pang choices dont limit yourself to just hondas there are a lot to choose from, toyotas, daihatsus, mitsus, nissans all are good cars. Basta iwasan mo ang eg..

baka maging kaagaw pa kita sa pyesa balang araw

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    ung 2004 mazda3 bro, more or less 300k lang yung price nyan. masyado na atang luma ung 95 cars. 17 years na.. mas matanda lang ng konte sakin haha..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    300k budget? I'd get a 2004 mazda 3 din. looks pa lang ng sedan as-is all stock, maporma na. I won't get the hatch nga lang.
    Other options ko rin the Getz crdi, City typeZ, Exalta 2000 model.

Buy an eg ONLY kung paggagastusan mo talaga para ipang-laban sa mga carshow pormahan like sound set-up and stuffs, now that's a worthy spending.
    Gagastusan for drag race? forget it... An eg is too overpriced for a very very old car tapos majority abused na ng previous owners. Not a good option for newbies with that budget ^_^

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaMeNYee View Post
    I used to own a '95 EG hatch and owned it for more than 10 years. On a stock engine you wouldn't really enjoy it but for starters like you, it would be enough to get to places and as well as teach you the basics of maintaining a vehicle. 3 years ago I swapped the engine with a larger D16a VTeC engine and boy was it fun to drive. The "new" engine being much larger in displacement quite surprisingly improved the fuel consumption. At worst I would get to around 9km per liter on heavy traffic and can go as far as 14km/l on long distance driving.

Maintenance-wise nagkalat ang parts ng honda and price-wise is comparable to Corollas. I never really had major problems with my hatch even after the swap as I had the this done at a reputable shop.

The EG hatch is one tough vehicle and until this day is a head turner. It's quite difficult to find one in stock form though considering its age and as this vehicle can easily be modded and a favorite among different age groups. If you do find one in stock form one disadvantage I can think of is that since this car was released here locally under the "People's Car" program back in the day is that it came bare with no power steering and other power amenities. To some this could be a disadvantage but to others a challenge and make the experience of owning one really fulfilling.

You can visit you're suking Japan surplus shops and have these installed. The Japan and US versions came with these options and should be a bolt-on affair with some help to get these to work of course from your suking electrician.

If you are keen on getting an EG hatch, I would suggest that you orient yourself well and expect that these can be rust buckets but with the proper body work and treatment will let it stand for the years to come. Bring a mechanic with you when you go shopping for one to make sure that the vehicle is mechanically sound and roadworthy.

When you get the chance to have one, have all the fluids replaced, brakes checked and/or replaced and the engine tuned to specs. Bring it to streets, enjoy it while driving responsibly.
    +1 with MaMenYee, Same with me I owned an EG for almost 10 years, From ph12 to B16 to D15b. Parts are easy to come by, not much of a problem compared to my old Ae92, It was indeed a fun car to drive. The conversion wasn't that hard too, you only need to switch one wire if you transfer to b16 to D15b. If you have 300k as a budget you can easily buy a fresh EG with a d15 engine, may change ka pa for other setup that you like. But indeed you can go for a far later model, korean cars are ok but not "OK" (IMO) and easy to drive but no thrill at all. Since you're young, the experience of having an old car which you'll use your savings to make it look WOW is a must. Another suggestion would be to eye a honda Jazz. since your already at 300k you might find a cheap jazz first gen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
EG HATCH - Good or Bad?