New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Good evening bros.

I am attempting to do a DIY installation of our Jazz's third brake light, using a stick on type (14 high intensity LEDs) that I bought this afternoon at Concorde.

I was about to proceed with the installation and have opened the rubber cover at the left side of the rear door, but I noticed several wires,- 2 black, 3 green, 1 red, 1 white and 1 yellow. Are the brake light wires in this group?

If they are, could anyone please help me identify which wires to splice for the brake light? Anyone who has done a similar installation himself?

I don't want to splice all wires and look for the brake light wires through trial and error (somebody stepping on the brake pedal and me, checking for 12volts in the wires...), so appreciate it if you could help me here, please.

TIA

5606:jazzysax:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung mayroon DMM, puwedeng trial and error sa paghanap ng kawad na para sa brake light.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks bro,- I can do it that way as I said earlier, (I have a multimeter) pero, it's kind of dirty thing, kaya nga I am soliciting the solution at baka may nakagawa na....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    try mo download shop manual ng jazz bro, malaking tulong iyan sa mga diy

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto...zz_Fit-ESM.rar

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    try mo download shop manual ng jazz bro, malaking tulong iyan sa mga diy

http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto...zz_Fit-ESM.rar

Thanks bro.,- am accessing the website now....

Last edited by CVT; March 23rd, 2008 at 07:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kumusta naman sir iyong na-download niyo? was it helpful? i personally haven't downloaded that gd stuff yet but the ek version i already have and it served me in very good diy stead

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Website was very slow these past couple of days,- around 10kbps lang ang download speed. Will try again any day this week. Hope it will be a big help for me, as I am keen on installing a third brake light (kahit hindi original) for our Jazz ride this weekend for safety reasons...

Thanks again bro.

5707:tumbleweed:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Was able to DIY the installation of the third brake light today.... Brake light wire wasn't there where I was hoping it to be, so I have to layout the wire down to the area of the rear lights.

An afternoon well spent! Whew!

Thanks baludoy for the link!

5707:tumbleweed:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    So which wire was it?

I've already tried prying open the weather seal for the wires going to the hatch, like you did.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What lamp did you use from Concorde?

I've always wanted to add a flasher relay that lets the brake lights flash five times and then goes solid for the duration of deceleration, but only at speeds above 30kph. Below that of course it becomes normal. Then again I'm no electrician and never was good with electronic mods

edit: Is the Jazz manual around 70MB?

http://hondatech.info/search/jazz/
    Last edited by mbeige; April 8th, 2008 at 03:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
DIY: Installation Of Third Brake Light For Our Jazz