New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [SIZE=3]I知 not sure if something is wrong with my CVT, barely 2 months old, 1500 kms ang mileage. I just feel that it somehow hesitates when I知 at the 20 to 40 kph range. By hesitate, I mean that the acceleration from 20 to 40 takes a lot of time. You feel like engine braking is in effect. And if you are within 30 to 40 kph and you release the gas pedal, it will push you to run at just 20 kph, in a matter of seconds. I was thinking kasi to let the car cruise at 30 to 40 kph since in a few meters I値l stop na.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Nevertheless, as soon as 40 kph has been taken out, madali na ma-reach 60 kph. Yun nga lang, yung "shifting" nya at 1500 rpm dati, ngayon nasa 1800 rpm na. Higher fuel consumption yun, di ba? Worried lang din ako that at 20 to 40 kph, which is normal during metro traffic, naka-engage lagi yung engine break. And that only means na higher consumption din. Nasa 10 to 11 km/liter lang tuloy ako these days, compared to 12 to 13 km/liter nung first week ng car. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Do you guys encounter this with your CVT? Tanong ko na rin if nagimprove fuel consumption nyo when you reached 5K, 10K and so on. Thanks.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    my experience with a Lancer MX CVT: CVT runs like there's slipping clutch under acceleration (you feel like its revving but slowly picking up speed) and engine brakes when you lift the throttle. Much different than an automatic tranny.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xircom View Post
    [SIZE=3]I知 not sure if something is wrong with my CVT, barely 2 months old, 1500 kms ang mileage. I just feel that it somehow hesitates when I知 at the 20 to 40 kph range. By hesitate, I mean that the acceleration from 20 to 40 takes a lot of time. You feel like engine braking is in effect. And if you are within 30 to 40 kph and you release the gas pedal, it will push you to run at just 20 kph, in a matter of seconds. I was thinking kasi to let the car cruise at 30 to 40 kph since in a few meters I値l stop na.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Nevertheless, as soon as 40 kph has been taken out, madali na ma-reach 60 kph. Yun nga lang, yung "shifting" nya at 1500 rpm dati, ngayon nasa 1800 rpm na. Higher fuel consumption yun, di ba? Worried lang din ako that at 20 to 40 kph, which is normal during metro traffic, naka-engage lagi yung engine break. And that only means na higher consumption din. Nasa 10 to 11 km/liter lang tuloy ako these days, compared to 12 to 13 km/liter nung first week ng car. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Do you guys encounter this with your CVT? Tanong ko na rin if nagimprove fuel consumption nyo when you reached 5K, 10K and so on. Thanks.[/SIZE]

I think I am encountering the same thing with my iDSI CVT, in as far as the scenario on the 20KPH to 40KPH. There seems to be a 'drag' on this speed range, both when accelerating and when you lift your foot on the gas pedal.

However, my fuel rate consumption is just about the same.....

5909:burn:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    oh my god! this is what exactly im talking about in the other thread. VTEC yung akin. yes there is a drag between those speeds. hindi ganito sa akin noon. biglaan lang.

ano ginawa niyo? ganyan na ba talaga yan dati pa?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    "you release the gas pedal, it will push you to run at just 20 kph, in a matter of seconds."

tumpak. exact problem of mine. is there something wrong sa CVT natin?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    thanks basti.

CVT and suysuy, are you also confined to city driving? for the past 6 weeks kasi i've been confined to city driving. actually, first 700kms ng car, no problem naman. i can still see na pumipitik from 1500 rpm to 1300 rpm back to 1500 rpm yung tacho. itong last 800 kms, medyo mag stay sya sa 1000 rpm tapos hesitates to go up, then shifting at 2000rpm. pero matagal bago makalabas dyan sa 20 to 40 kph range. sometimes, i'm just tempted to use manual mode to bring it fast to more than 60kph and at 7th gear.

nagparecalibrate na ako sa casa. first 2 days ok. kaso hindi ko rin alam if the ff were factors:

-gas i use
    -yung mapatay ko yung engine either sa N or sa D

hehehe, mukhang praning na ako at kung anu-anong factors na ang iniisip ko.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *xir

im not confined to city driving. my mileage is already 23k kilometers. I dont experience the hard to accelerate thing, but one thing i experience is when during a hot day, accelerating from a stop brings the tach up to 2k rpm. its like it is slipping. but the acceleration is ok.

the only thing na ayaw ko is yung "drag". especially if trapik. ginagawa ko is i shift to N so that mag coast siya. pag hindi ko gagawin yun, ilang segundo lang pilit ka talaga dalhin to just 20kph. which is really annoying. im getting 12-15km/l before the problem started. now, im just getting a low of 10km/l which is abysmal.

CVT questions