New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Hi

While having my eyes already set on the 2019 Honda Brio, I passed by a Honda Jazz, and I really like the looks. I know it is a couple hundred thousand more than the Honda Brio.

One thing I'm concerned about is that I rarely see Honda Jazz's around.
    I see lots of Mirages (old gen and new gen) around, Picantos, Wigos (old and new gen), Civics, Xpander's etc, even some Yaris's. BUT I will be lucky to even see 2 Jazz's a day. Is the Jazz "patapon"/disposable? Or is there some other reason why I don't see them around?

I was considering waiting for the 2020 Jazz before deciding but I have a feeling the current gen's looks will be more to my liking.

And at the RS trim level prices I'm considering, I can already get a base Civic, though I don't like how the Civic's tail lights look, and I'm in a very hatchback state of mind.

Hope anyone with a 3rd gen Jazz, had a 3rd gen Jazz, thought of getting a 3rd gen Jazz could share some of their insights.

Thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    Hi

While having my eyes already set on the 2019 Honda Brio, I passed by a Honda Jazz, and it really like the looks. I know it is a couple hundred thousand more than the Honda Brio.

One thing I'm concerned about is that I rarely see Honda Jazz's around. I see lots of Mirages (old gen and new gen) around, Wigos (old and new gen), Civics, Xpander's etc, even some Yaris's. BUT I will be lucky to even see 2 Jazz's a day. Is the Jazz "patapon"/disposable? Or is there some other reason why I don't see them around?

I was considering waiting for the 2020 Jazz before deciding but I have a feeling the current gen's looks will be more to my liking.

Hope anyone with a 3rd gen Jazz, had a 3rd gen Jazz, thought of getting a 3rd gen Jazz could share some of their insights.

And at the RS trim level prices I'm considering, I can already get a base Civic, though I don't like how the Civic's tail lights look.

Thank you very much.
    Me thinks its because of the.price.. too high for a small car.. better get a civic

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    If you can wait... Wait for the next Gen, not unless you get very good discounts on the current model

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jazz and the City are both good cars for a daily commuter. However, I highly suggest not to buy the top models or any of those special models (RS) as your money will be better spent for a Civic instead.

If you can wait for the newer platform, I guess it will be worth it. The City and Jazz is up for a new platform release. Reports state that it might come with the 1.0L turbo engine used on the Euro version of the base model Civic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    jazz is deceptively spacious inside. it just looks small from the outside

the fuel tank is under the front seats so the rear seats can collapse and disappear into the floor, creating a flat space. ito ang wala sa Brio. this is a very useful feature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    640k vs 900k

Jazz is too overpriced for its looks and functionality.

This is where the Toyota Vios XE comes to play, 700k(discounts) and its bigger. 2inches wider and 2ft longer than the brio. it comes with all the airbags you need, it has traction and stability control. hill start assist. and the toyotas brake assist.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Base model manual transmission Jazz is the best choice among the subcompact cars in my opinion. Good performance, faster than some 1.8L and 2.0L compacts while having a practical and versatile interior. Madali ang parts at mura ang maintenance even sa casa.

If automatic transmission is what you want however... There might be better choices

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    Hi

While having my eyes already set on the 2019 Honda Brio, I passed by a Honda Jazz, and I really like the looks. I know it is a couple hundred thousand more than the Honda Brio.

One thing I'm concerned about is that I rarely see Honda Jazz's around.
    I see lots of Mirages (old gen and new gen) around, Picantos, Wigos (old and new gen), Civics, Xpander's etc, even some Yaris's. BUT I will be lucky to even see 2 Jazz's a day. Is the Jazz "patapon"/disposable? Or is there some other reason why I don't see them around?

And at the RS trim level prices I'm considering, I can already get a base Civic, though I don't like how the Civic's tail lights look, and I'm in a very hatchback state of mind.

Thank you very much.

- Jazz is definitely better than the Brio, if you can afford it, go for it, I would suggest the VX
    - If you go for the RS, I'd rather add a bit more and get the Civic, it is so much better
    - You do lose some safety features like airbags vs. the Jazz RS but the Civic is handsome
    - You are right, there are more Mirage and Wigos around as these are more affordable but they
    are a class lower compared to the Jazz. Picanto, those are mostly old ones, Jazz has more sales
    volume compared to the Picanto and definitely sold more compared to the Yaris
    - Definitely not patapon, Jazz is a great car, probably the best in its class, they're solid, easy to
    maintain and have high resale value
    - My wife has a Jazz, solid car, not so stellar NVH but it's efficient, spacious and fun

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Maganda current Jazz. Unique front . Ayaw ko ang return to almond eyes headlight ng next gen Jazz.
    Nakakasawa ang almond head lights.

Ito bargain. Iko consider ko ito. White pa.

https://www.o-l-x.ph/item/2018-2019-...l?h=2daf284f06

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    may officemate ako noon who planned to buy a Jazz, nung time na bumili sya, naka-display na sa showrooms yung 2nd gen.

Pero yung kakilala nya sa Honda told her they have very few 1st gen models still for sale with a big discount.
    Only catch, very few options available, in her case she wanted the top of the line model in white and the car will be delivered to her... hindi nya pwedeng kunin sa casa.

When she decided to buy it, yung 1.3AT version na lang available na white.

Puro leaks na yung 4th gen Jazz, I think the PHL version will still get the same engine and CVT as the current model

Sana kung facelift lang yung lalabas next year kaso all new model... Not unless you really need the car now.

Yes, medyo mahal yung Jazz... Pero may taong gusto talaga ng Jazz (ehem si misis), nag test drive sya ng Fiesta and Jazz pa din... C30 lang ata makakapag pabago ng isip nya

Yung friend nya naman... CR-V! Sabi ko iba na CR-V ngayon, malaki na... dapat HR-V na lang sya kaso ako daw ang hindi nakaka-intindi C not H!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast