New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Torn before Jazz RS vs Civic E.

End up with the Civic. Deciding factor before kase last 2018 nasa mid/end life cycle na yung Jazz/City, but the Civic that time nasa early stage pa (now mid already since may facelift na).

Honestly parang mas gusto ko pa porma ng Jazz RS vs Civic. But coming from a Honda City kase, parang not much of an upgrade. Yeah I lost additional airbags, but I think worth it naman yung additional features I got. Android Auto, auto brake hold etc.

The 2020 Jazz will be unveiled in Tokyo this October btw.
    Also I'm seeing more Jazz vs Civic on the road.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    - Jazz is definitely better than the Brio, if you can afford it, go for it, I would suggest the VX
    - If you go for the RS, I'd rather add a bit more and get the Civic, it is so much better
    - You do lose some safety features like airbags vs. the Jazz RS but the Civic is handsome
    - You are right, there are more Mirage and Wigos around as these are more affordable but they
    are a class lower compared to the Jazz. Picanto, those are mostly old ones, Jazz has more sales
    volume compared to the Picanto and definitely sold more compared to the Yaris
    - Definitely not patapon, Jazz is a great car, probably the best in its class, they're solid, easy to
    maintain and have high resale value
    - My wife has a Jazz, solid car, not so stellar NVH but it's efficient, spacious and fun

agree on this... i own the 3rd generation...

jazz kasi you buy it because you want it as it is and kind of fan ka ng honda...

typical Pinoy kasi thinks of "Honda" as "mahal ang parts/maintenance" kaya hindi ganun ka common sa masa... for me, this works to my advantage kasi i don't like to have a very common car to drive around...

tough choice nga sya between Civic E and Jazz RS considering the price points... but ako i will still choose the Jazz anytime of the day, because I prefer HB than Sedan (and I really love the looks of the Jazz - indeed probably best in its class)... HR-V is too expensive na for me (though I really love that car too, it's like a bigger Jazz)...

3. Join Date
    May 2019
    It would still be a good buy brand new even on 2020 as long as it will make you happy whenever you drive it (if you can get a good deal of course). Though I would prefer a MT for a fun car like the Jazz, the RS looks sharp and refined.

You don't see them much around because of their price-so close to Civic, and there are many cheaper alternatives.

Don't worry much about maintenance. Honda maintenance parts are longer lasting, if you're in the Philippines, just keep an eye on suspension and cooling system.

By the way, I would buy any "first year" model car, until it's on its second or third year of release due to recalls and updates. I don't want to be one of the beta testers.

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    ^ Sorry I meant to say I “wouldn’t buy.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12