New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    had the same problem as you once upon a time, I used to have an 02 crv which consumed at best 4.5km/liter city driving. what I did was replaced it with an expedition which consumed 3km/liter city driving. I could justify the diminished mileage by the increased safety (priceless) and ride comfort. Then I purchased a honda city for those trips around our traffic ridden city, it gets good mileage. I just used my expy for those long trips or longer than my usual short trips. Truth is, no SUV can match the 10km/liter++ economy of a small sedan. You can get the crosswind but be prepared for a truckish ride and truckish performance. Notable replacements would be the tucson (which has smaller interior space than the crv) or the chevy captiva (untested yet)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How about the 2.2li CRDi Tucson?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    had the same problem as you once upon a time, I used to have an 02 crv which consumed at best 4.5km/liter city driving. what I did was replaced it with an expedition which consumed 3km/liter city driving. I could justify the diminished mileage by the increased safety (priceless) and ride comfort. Then I purchased a honda city for those trips around our traffic ridden city, it gets good mileage. I just used my expy for those long trips or longer than my usual short trips. Truth is, no SUV can match the 10km/liter++ economy of a small sedan. You can get the crosswind but be prepared for a truckish ride and truckish performance. Notable replacements would be the tucson (which has smaller interior space than the crv) or the chevy captiva (untested yet)
    Is your hondy city with 10km/liter automatic or manual transmission? Kasi I heard that the automatic version of the honda city only has 8km/liter fuel consumption. If I'd sell my CRV to replace it with a sedan.. what model and brand can you suggest? How about a civic 1.8l.. how does it compare to say the honda city?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post
    Is your hondy city with 10km/liter automatic or manual transmission? Kasi I heard that the automatic version of the honda city only has 8km/liter fuel consumption. If I'd sell my CRV to replace it with a sedan.. what model and brand can you suggest? How about a civic 1.8l.. how does it compare to say the honda city?
    Our H.City only does 8 to 10 km/L in all city driving with A/C on. Its the CVT model with the 1.3L engine. It could do much better but the stop & go traffic in the metro kills the FC figures.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're prepared to absolutely crawl, you can get that up to 15-20 in traffic... but of course, you'll piss lots of people off.

If you've driven the Gen II.5 CR-V, with its ten-passenger rear springs... I can safely say that no Crosswind actually rides that badly. (well, almost, but not quite)... that said, Crosswinds are an acquired taste... but if I were to get a practical seven seater for provincial use, it's hard to beat. Get a fully-loaded XT (not the XUV or Sportivo... that's just silly money) as that has smaller tires than the XUV, which makes the ride marginally more comfortable, and enjoy the fuel economy. And don't bother to bring it to the casa for service. Just have it done outside and save yourself a ton of money. The engine itself won't break, but little electrical and body works are a hassle that you don't want to deal with with the casa service available.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    idsi only getting 10km/l? thats low. ive got vtec and even if hard driving gives me 15km/l on the city.

check your tires, and PMS dapat sinusunod. CVT din akin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    idsi only getting 10km/l? thats low. ive got vtec and even if hard driving gives me 15km/l on the city.

check your tires, and PMS dapat sinusunod. CVT din akin.
    City driving can differ greatly. Example, sending and fetching the kids to DLSU via Sta. Mesa.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It all depends on trip length. My cousin gets 10 km/l in mixed driving in his 1.3. If I were to use his car, driving in the exact same conditions, I'd get 15 km/l.

Why?

My trips are all 10-30 kilometers. His trips are only 2-3 kilometers. In those 2-3 kms, the engine doesn't even have time to warm up. He wastes a lot of gas on starting, stopping and warming up the engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    How about the 2.2li CRDi Tucson?
    There's only the 2.0li CRDi for the Tucson.

Realistically, no gasoline fed CUV or SUV can do anything above 10 km/li in the traffic crawling city. Even 8 km/li is already proving challenging.

If it has to be a SUV, then the Hyundai Sta. Fe 2.2li CRDi or Tucson 2.0li CRDi are probably the most fuel efficient choice by default. Read from the other thread that some users are getting 6 - 8 km/li in the City while 16 - 20 km/li is possible in the highway.

I also read about a Fortuner 2.5 D-4D user who claims to get 10 km/li in city with his 100,000 + kms (yes that's right) unit after only 2.5+ years of use. Then again, with Toyota's disappointing hit-and-miss reliability with its D-4D diesel engines, I wouldn't recommend this one at all. After the warranty period is over, will Toyota still continue replacing the fuel supply pump? Probably not.

The diesel-fed Chevrolet Captiva can also be included, but the fact that it is a Chevy and a re-badged Daewoo (elsewhere) doesn't help in assuaging me about all the negative things regarding Chevy products in general (ie. Optra and Venture, being most noteworthy).

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I've been thinking. If I get the CRV LPGed, I can save on fuel at 27 pesos a liter compared to 49 pesos unleaded. But the CRV only has 5km/liter efficiency 2004 A/T. If I get an Altis 2008 1.6V or G A/T. It can give me 10km/liter so even if gas is 49 pesos a liter. Sedan still gives more saving than the Lpg powered CRV. What do you think?

It seems the Altis 2008 1.6G/V A/T is the most fuel efficient car in the mid-sedan range, right? It can run at supposedly 10-11km/liter. Altis 2008 is a business car so it would look ok in business trip rather using say a Yaris or Vios which can get transactions cancelled when meeting with other companies executive.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
CRV Fuel Nightmare