New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi,

Back in 2004, fuel is just 28 pesos or so. Now it's 48. With the CRV 2004 model (automatic transmission) fuel consumption of 5-6 km/ liter. It is very expensive even to just go to mall across metro manila. For those with the
    same predicament. What models and brands do you plan to replace your CRV with? I am thinking about Isuzu Crosswind/Sportivo automatic but I heard its efficiency is only 8km/liter (is it true?). 2km difference is not much even if its diesel. What did you do for this problem if you don't want to get a vios instead? What other SUV with fuel efficiency above 10km/liter?? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sir, matipid po ang Isuzu Crosswind. siguro kapag sobrang traffic, 8Km/L lang yung consumption nya. Pero ang hi way ay umaabot ng 15-17Km/L

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    niker kung SUV Alterra lang makakatapat sa Crosswind sabi nga ng iba mas matipid pa ang alterra kasi CRDI na.

FYI hindi SUV ang Crosswind, AUV po siya

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Got a 02 Crosswind XUVi A/T. With the stock tires Michelin LTX AT (235x70 R15), I'm getting 10-11km per li. When I changed my tires to Bridgestone Duelet A/T (235x75 R15), my normal consumption dropped to 9-10km/li.
    My hiway FC performance is 13-14km/li. When I tried to maintain speed at 80kph at NLEX Southbound (lately lang to), got 18km/li.

Anyway, I'm looking for a CR-V as my wife's daily drive (13km total distance a day)... really wanted CR-V, but am thinking twice, because of some comments about the FC.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    Got a 02 Crosswind XUVi A/T. With the stock tires Michelin LTX AT (235x70 R15), I'm getting 10-11km per li. When I changed my tires to Bridgestone Duelet A/T (235x75 R15), my normal consumption dropped to 9-10km/li.
    My hiway FC performance is 13-14km/li. When I tried to maintain speed at 80kph at NLEX Southbound (lately lang to), got 18km/li.

Anyway, I'm looking for a CR-V as my wife's daily drive (13km total distance a day)... really wanted CR-V, but am thinking twice, because of some comments about the FC.
    Did you account for the larger tire and the difference in your odometer? Otherwise you are probably getting close to what you got before the tire change.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You may want to consider converting to lpg. Around 27 pesos per liter. Same fuel consumption and power but cheap fuel. I saw a 2nd gen CRV that was converted. They hid the tank under the picnic table for stock look.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29208

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you're coming from a CRV and switching to a Crosswind, baka ma-kulture shock ka. Kulang sa refinement yung Crosswind. There are better true SUVs with diesel engines. Try looking at the Chevrolet Captiva, Kia Sorento, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage or even the MPV Toyota Innova.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tipid kasi yung Crosswind sa krudo eh. Kung kasya naman sa budget mo, mag Alterra ka nalang. Kumpletong kumpleto. Safety, CRDi engine, low efficiency, entertainment system, 7 seater, luggage space, 4WD pa.

Maganda rin sana yung mga korean SUVs pero hindi sila kasing tipid ng Alterra at Crosswind. At mababa pa ang resale value.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post

I think the newer CRV 2007 has better fuel performance like 10km/liter
    compared to the pre-2007 which has only 5-6km/liter. Can anyone confirm this?

According to the casa. This is because the newer CRV 2007 has lighter frame. Does this mean the older CRV (pre-2007) having thicker frame means it is more collision resistant almost built like a tank?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    You may want to consider converting to lpg. Around 27 pesos per liter. Same fuel consumption and power but cheap fuel. I saw a 2nd gen CRV that was converted. They hid the tank under the picnic table for stock look.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29208
    What do you mean by "2nd gen CRV"? What year range is that? Do
    you know of company that can convert my 2004 CRV to LPG? Also
    have you encountered that has actually done it? I wonder if it
    can damage the engine in the long run...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
CRV Fuel Nightmare