New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Need help guys for my CRV '02 manual transmission. Why is it that the clutch pedal is hard to press (matigas at masakit sa hita) lalo na kung nasa traffic situation ito? When it is not used for a day and used it on the following day medyo malambot naman ng konti syang tapakan compared to when in traffic situation na always pressing on the clutch pedal.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    How long was it that you have the transmission checked? If the pedal is hard to press the possible culprit might be the pressure plate, if your clutch system will allow you to have adjustment this might be a remedy, but if the adjustment is already maxed then you have to pull down the transmission assembly and have to replace the pressure plate, might as well replace the clutch disk and release bearing for optimum efficiency. Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Your opinion is the same with the 2 mechanics findings when I brought it for check-up. They told me that it is the pressure plate that needs replacement.
    Where can I buy genuine parts other than casa which is not very expensive? I'm located at Binan,Laguna.
    Thanks for your opinion.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Anyone who knows genuine honda parts shop which is not very expensive near Binan,Laguna area? How much is the estimated price of pressure plate, clutch disc, release bearing, and brake pads of CRV?

CRV '02 Clutch Problem