New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    mga sir ok ba combo ng stock shock ng 98 civic tapos ang ilalagay na spring ay yung mga adjustable coilover?salamat po

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm_320 View Post
    mga sir ok ba combo ng stock shock ng 98 civic tapos ang ilalagay na spring ay yung mga adjustable coilover?salamat po
    Coilover sleeves? Generally a bad idea.

I would only recommend it if you got Ground Control coilover sleeves (these are made by Eibach). Everything else supposedly rides too rough.

Otherwise just get a full coilover system - a matched set of springs AND dampers.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yep sleeves is not a good idea. i had r type sleeves before and the worst part is, it gets lower and lower as months go by, you have to adjust it every other month. and when the rainy days hit, mud gets into to groves and its hard to get them out just to adjust it. you would need wd40 or a real high pressure water hose to be able to adjust them freely.

good point is that with the EK, if you use sleeves mapapantay mo yung left and right drop. with lowering springs, well lower lagi yung driver side. kahit sa stock height mapapansin mo na lower yung driver side.

edit: i used stock shocks with the sleeves and lagi bottom out yung shocks ko. lagi "dug-dug" kahit lubak lang.

coilover