New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'll get the GM1/2 City.

Why? The FD1/2 Civic isn't quite the best choice for threading through congested Manila streets. The dashboard conspires to hide so much of the car from your sight. Proof of this is my mom's FD1 covered in all sorts of scratches due to the difficulty of judging where the car ends.

The GM1/2 City hides its small-car roots very well with its pliant ride, but doesn't feel like a barge to drive. The FD's just grown too big, heavy and unwieldy for me.

My two cents.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If the Civic 2009 looks significantly different from the current Civic, it can be the better choice. I chose the City 1.5E myself because of the better mileage, newer design & easier to drive in the cramped streets of Novaliches where i work.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    If the Civic 2009 looks significantly different from the current Civic, it can be the better choice. I chose the City 1.5E myself because of the better mileage, newer design & easier to drive in the cramped streets of Novaliches where i work.
    It doesn't, sadly.

The facelifted FD has been out in Japan since last year. If those units are any indication, you'll need a magnifying glass to see what changed over the original FDs. Most of the changes just amounted to a little more angularity in elements that used to be round or curved, e.g. the rear lights, the radiator grille and the bumper intakes.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what are your requirements for getting a car? this are 2 different class of vehicles and incomparable.

if i may suggest, budget consideration aside, try to consider the new jazz. its a little bit more expensive than the 1.8v m/t civic. but, you get a funkier, fresher looking car. it arguably has almost the same interior space as the civic. it has a more versatile compartment space because of the ult seats (civic has a very small trunk space in my opinion). it is more maneuverable in the city. it is more fuel efficient (my friend gets 10-11 fc while my 1.8v m/t gets 8-9 fc, both purely city driving). and in my opinion, has a better ride than the rock hard suspension of the civic.

just my 2 cents worth

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The price difference between City 09 and Civic 09 is not a joke.

[SIZE=4]Civic 1.8V M/T 860,000
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Civic 1.8V A/T 900,000
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Civic 1.8S M/T 910,000
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Civic 1.8S A/T 960,000
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Civic 2.0S A/T 1,100,000

City 1.3A M/T 676,000
    City 1.3S M/T 716,000
    City 1.3S A/T 756,000
    City 1.5E A/T 806,000[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I suggest you go with the Civic 2009 MMC.
    The first one to go out of production on May 26 will be the 2.0 variants.
    1.8 V variants will be out early or mid june. So I suggest you place a reservation as early as now because there won't be enough units.

These will be the changes for the Civic 2009 MMC.
    -Taffeta White will be available
    -Four eyed Quad/Octagonal design tail lights
    -Smoked Headlights
    -6 Point Floating Front Grille
    -TypeR Round Fog Lights (1.8S/2.0S)
    -Tail Pipe Finisher (1.8S/2.0S)
    -17 inch 10 Spokes Alloy Wheel Design (2.0S)
    -Paddle Shifters (1.8S/2.0S) *yes.. its available for the 1.8S

-Black Moquette Interior (1.8V)
    -USB equipped (Not confirmed if Ipod compatible or Ipod ready)

Drive Safe!

Four eyed Quad/Octagonal design tail lights
    -> Are these similar to Civic US model taillights?

Still no trip computer(FC, Range, Ave.speed, etc)?

Other cars in the compact class like Focus, Altis, Mazda 3 are equipped with this trip computer already. The new City and Jazz have this feature also.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    Four eyed Quad/Octagonal design tail lights
    -> Are these similar to Civic US model taillights?
    Nope.

Don't get your hopes up. They're very very similar to the current FD Civic's taillamps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ang naaalala ko sa kaso na yan was yung sa japan hindi na round yung tailights pero same design pa rin, it's just that mala octagon na (8 sides) kaso tinatry pa ring maging round same as the current

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    ang naaalala ko sa kaso na yan was yung sa japan hindi na round yung tailights pero same design pa rin, it's just that mala octagon na (8 sides) kaso tinatry pa ring maging round same as the current
    check out tail lights and features here:
    http://civic.honda.co.th/flash/main.html

i was at Greenhills yesterday and HondaKal was there.
    858K ung 1.8v M/T nila. Lady there confirmed that the Thai Civic is exactly how it would look like. June is the release date, but they have reservations already as early first week of May.
    Last edited by badbadtz.carlo; May 23rd, 2009 at 11:15 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    check out tail lights and features here:
    http://civic.honda.co.th/flash/main.html
    that's what im talking about. thanks sa images sa link at di na ko mahihirapang iexplain ang octagon taillight design nila hahaha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Civic 09 or City 09