New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mga ser, last night after i got home from bulacan. swabe pa takbo. then kinabukasan when i try to use it, my car suddenly feels bumpy parang pilay.like bouncing up and down. hanging ng gulong, suspension seemed fine etc. had a feeling it was a shocks issue but i would really appreciate getting advice from experts. newbie e. help. =)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Your suspicion is correct, it's busted dampers (the correct technical term for shock absorbers). When your dampers are gone, there's nothing to stop excess bounce from the springs - that's what they're there for.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Your suspicion is correct, it's busted dampers (the correct technical term for shock absorbers). When your dampers are gone, there's nothing to stop excess bounce from the springs - that's what they're there for.
    +1

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    try mo alugin ung car mo up and down tapos pag nagbobounce baka sira nga shocks mo

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would suggest you have the dampers looked at - and if they're busted, get them replaced ASAP.

Braking in particular is one performance area that suffers when your dampers are dead. The car's body will tend to spend too much energy wasted in boinging up and down instead of controlling its mass and coming to a controlled stop.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thank you po. any specific dampers recommended?

bumpy/bouncing car help