New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Bumper pala eh. Malabo talagang may stock nyan.

I'm critical of Honda Philippines too but try to understand it from their point of view. How often do bumpers need to be replaced? How does that frequency compare to fuel filters, air filters etc. that are no doubt more frequently replaced because everybody has to maintain their car?

If you want a bumper NOW...go to Banawe or Evangelista or your favorite surplus shop.

Nah. Buy a Honda but have it maintained outside. Simple.

Who says you're married to the casa anyway? Warranty? In three years that's void. There are tons of competent garages and shops that'll do a bang-up job of maintaining a Honda.
    hindi ko naman hinihiling na may stock dapat ang mga dealerships. pero assuming na sa planta lang nila kukunin yung part, dapat bang abutin ng one week. last time ako nagpagawa, bumper din, umabot ng two weeks bago dumating. kung imported yung parts, siguro maintindihan ko pa, pero kung sa planta sa laguna lang naman. 2-3 days is much more acceptable.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsalman View Post
    hindi ko naman hinihiling na may stock dapat ang mga dealerships. pero assuming na sa planta lang nila kukunin yung part, dapat bang abutin ng one week. last time ako nagpagawa, bumper din, umabot ng two weeks bago dumating. kung imported yung parts, siguro maintindihan ko pa, pero kung sa planta sa laguna lang naman. 2-3 days is much more acceptable.
    That's assuming the plant stocks extra bumpers. Which they probably don't. An extra bumper has to be manufactured and ordered, they can't just pull one off the assembly line, as that will cause delays in shipments.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Besides the Ondoy damages....

The Automotive Industry is just that. A business. They will not do an action which causes them to lose money.

Stocking on car parts is a cost. Unless utilized or sold these will be loses in income for the business. Thus UNLESS parts move or are sold frequently, these casa keep a very low if not nil in inventory.

What does this mean for us? Besides the Ondoy incident, what this means is Honda does not keep a large inventory and the overall demand for parts is low because, well because it is LOW. This is a proof of the overall (not specific) performance and reliability of Honda cars. If they keep a large inventory and their client cars do not break down (note:work generally more reliably than other cars) then mabubulok lang sa inventory at malulugi sila.

So they only ship lang on demand.

Overall blame it on Honda's general high quality and better build cars for not breaking down easily. This makes keeping a high inventory of parts cost in-effective and bad for business.

Kaya pag meron moron na nakikipagtalo na mas marami daw parts ang kotse niya kesa sa Honda, I always ask....napagisip isip mo na ba kung bakit? apparently hindi pa nila na realize.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I usually call the casa to inquire on prices of OEM parts just so I have comparison kung mas taga ba ang presyo sa labas. One time I called the Alabang dealership to inqurie about the head gasket and to my surprise, the SA doesn't even know what a d15b is. I should understand they work on PH-coded engines so I explained it pretty much should have the same parts as on the VTEC3 on the VTI-S. He still just wouldn't know.

It may be an isolated case, but I didn't bother asking the casa for engine parts after that.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    even before ondoy, most honda service centers have low spare parts supply. it takes weeks or even months for the spare parts to arrive when ordered when ordered abroad. if the part of your "honda" car that needs replacement is criticial, such that it cannot function without the replacement, abay aalikabukin muna yong sasakyanmo sa garahe. he he he we learned our lesson with honda. we have honda only if we have an alternative car. honda as an only car, abay sasakit ulo at dibdib mo pag masira or may sira.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    panu umorder ng parts sa Ayutthaya?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LizaMae View Post
    even before ondoy, most honda service centers have low spare parts supply. it takes weeks or even months for the spare parts to arrive when ordered when ordered abroad. if the part of your "honda" car that needs replacement is criticial, such that it cannot function without the replacement, abay aalikabukin muna yong sasakyanmo sa garahe. he he he we learned our lesson with honda. we have honda only if we have an alternative car. honda as an only car, abay sasakit ulo at dibdib mo pag masira or may sira.
    looks like i've learned what you knew all along the hard way. because of this i would be car less this christmas. to think that i would have to go home to my mother's house and attend a baptism . na deliver na yung bumper, but the problem is the compressor which was ordered last week is expected to arrive this wednesday and since wala daw pasok for the rest of the week, stuck sa casa ang kotse ko up to next week. i really hope honda dealerships try to improve the procurement process of their products. so far their procurement process has given me a lot of discomfort.

anyway, my wife and i are planning to get a second car and this car won't definitely be a honda. honda after sales service is the worst.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mahirap ba talaga mag source ng compressor para sa honda jazz? medyo matagal kasi yung delivery time na ibinigay sa akin ng casa. the bad thing is stuck yung kotse ko sa kanila up until ma deliver tong piyesa na ito.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    wow! dito sa amin nung pinatingin ko car ko sa casa dahil may tunog, sabi nila gearbox ang may diperensya, and it takes two weeks na hintayin dahil sa planta sa laguna pa daw ma ooverhaul gearbox ko at ma stock car ko sa honda casa ng 2 weeks... buti na lang di ko pinagawa. ako na lang tumingin ang sira at sinubukan kong pinalitan yung stabilizer link. hayun nawala na tunog. minus gastos pa ako.. nakasave ako ng 12T kasi 350 lang bayad nung stabilizer link.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnoel View Post
    wow! dito sa amin nung pinatingin ko car ko sa casa dahil may tunog, sabi nila gearbox ang may diperensya, and it takes two weeks na hintayin dahil sa planta sa laguna pa daw ma ooverhaul gearbox ko at ma stock car ko sa honda casa ng 2 weeks... buti na lang di ko pinagawa. ako na lang tumingin ang sira at sinubukan kong pinalitan yung stabilizer link. hayun nawala na tunog. minus gastos pa ako.. nakasave ako ng 12T kasi 350 lang bayad nung stabilizer link.
    i'm very happy for you . since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about cars. tanong ko lang kung totoo kaya na naapektuhan yung compressor ng aircon ng kotse ko during a minor collision. before i brought it to the dealership the aircon was working very well. i even run it at the highest level to check whether it was damaged and mukhang ok naman. i tested it while the car was running for around 30 minutes. ngayon after ma body repair. nakastock yung kotse ko sa casa because di pa daw dumadating yung piyesa. baka daw dumating ng wed. kaya lang wala na daw silang pasok the rest of the week, kaya after christmas na matapos. medyo may doubts ako na sira yung compressor. in your opinion, sira kaya yung compressor? i'm thinking of just having the existing compressor reinstalled and just bring back the car pag dumating na yung piyesa.

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bakit ang tagal mag order ng parts pag nagpagawa sa casa?