New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 102 of 434 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4331
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, now I just feel regret since I had the option to get underseat subs before as a freebie for my Altis (although just an AVT one) but I just got several pairs of horns instead.

Not sure if I really want to spend money on the speakers since I survived with the laptop speakers of the FB Civic anyway. 🤔

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

I think you spend a lot of time in your cars. If you like listening to music while on the road, a good sub would heighten your enjoyment of your car and your drive.

But that's just my opinion, I really like cruising with rock music blasting from the speakers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The analog gauges usually come with the non-touch screen HU (like in the Civic LX). Historically, HCPI only adds cosmetic changes and navi systems to their limited edition models, like with the City and CRV before.

Hmm if that's the case, underseat subs are something to consider.

Though it'll be a bit different from the Touring as the Touring's sub is in between the rear speakers.

My regular route comprises of deep potholes from stolen tax money and overloaded dump trucks, along with unpaved roads (again stolen tax money). I also frequently pushed the car hard in mountain roads and race tracks with no adverse effects to my susoension. Anyone who knows me also knows I don't drive slowly, though I do try not to damage my car as best as I could.

Yet like I said, I didn't have to prematurely replace any suspension bits.

To each his own of course, if you're not comfortable with 18s, that's perfectly fine.

Yet you dont drive on those potholes, do you? You still have to avoid them. Humps are different case, if they are high and sharp like those on our village, humps tend to tax the springs, tie rods, ball joints, stab bars and those rubber bushings are the first ones to go. Original suspension parts are not cheap either. The good thing about knowing how to replace them myself is that it saves me on labor cost. I have not driven my car, not even my SiR on a race track, but I presume race tracks are well-paved and so as mountain roads, unless of course you are on dirt and rallying I do not drive hard (although tempted whenever there is a long straight) like I used to. Age has caught up on me...no more revving past 7000 rpm, but, sometimes I still do, just for the fun of it and this Civic is my first ever automatic car

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    [QUOTE=Janemar;2843340]May analog version sa mga base model sa ibang bansa. Please refer to link below for reference.

http://st.motortrend.ca/uploads/site...nt-cluster.jpg

mga boss ganito nga itsura nong gauge ng Civic LE (sabi nya LE ung sa kanya :D) (photo credit: Archie Hernaez)

at eto ung screen.. post sa fb nong nakakita sa MOA (photo credit: Noel Batitis)

parang iba itsura don sa nasa brochure :D

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteb16a View Post
    Yet you dont drive on those potholes, do you? You still have to avoid them. Humps are different case, if they are high and sharp like those on our village, humps tend to tax the springs, tie rods, ball joints, stab bars and those rubber bushings are the first ones to go. Original suspension parts are not cheap either. The good thing about knowing how to replace them myself is that it saves me on labor cost. I have not driven my car, not even my SiR on a race track, but I presume race tracks are well-paved and so as mountain roads, unless of course you are on dirt and rallying I do not drive hard (although tempted whenever there is a long straight) like I used to. Age has caught up on me...no more revving past 7000 rpm, but, sometimes I still do, just for the fun of it and this Civic is my first ever automatic car
    Guess you haven't been to Bataan during the rainy season. You can't avoid the potholes because they're everywhere. What was a flat road the day before will suddenly be riddled with holes after a heavy downpour.

A car's suspension will need replacement eventually. I replaced most of my Mazda 3's suspension bits when it reached 100,000 km even with stock wheels. Assuming but not conceding the hypothetical situation, if putting on 18s reduces the lifespan of my suspension from 100k km to 80k km, then so be it. It's not a big deal at all. At least I'm happy with what I have on my car.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    [QUOTE=Tann;2843374]
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    May analog version sa mga base model sa ibang bansa. Please refer to link below for reference.

http://st.motortrend.ca/uploads/site...nt-cluster.jpg

mga boss ganito nga itsura nong gauge ng Civic LE (sabi nya LE ung sa kanya :D) (photo credit: Archie Hernaez)

at eto ung screen.. post sa fb nong nakakita sa MOA (photo credit: Noel Batitis)

parang iba itsura don sa nasa brochure :D
    Looks cheaper than the standard 1.8E if that's the case. Much better to just use Android Auto with the standard head unit - you get both Waze and Google Maps.

I'll be having my 1000 km PMS tomorrow, I'll see if they have any units of the LE to verify in person.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I think you spend a lot of time in your cars. If you like listening to music while on the road, a good sub would heighten your enjoyment of your car and your drive.

But that's just my opinion, I really like cruising with rock music blasting from the speakers.
    I agree with this 100%. Subs make a huge difference in overall music quality. And you spend a boatload of time in your car.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I agree with this 100%. Subs make a huge difference in overall music quality. And you spend a boatload of time in your car.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Tukso, layuan mo ako! 😈😈😈

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Tukso, layuan mo ako! ������

Hahaha...

I remember my very good friend in LA who plays in a band as his diversion from professional work.

He could not fit our bags at the back of his SUV and car,- both MBs.... Reason? He has subwoofers in both...

Asked him why? He replied with a satisfied smile, "Iba talaga, Pare e...."

"I feel wonderful because I see the love light in your eyes...." Yeah!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Civic 1.8 LE stands for "Low End"! 😑

Analog tachometer without full-color info display, and downgraded head unit:

The MID doesn't even show average speed or range, just average FC. I tried cycling through the menus but no luck. 😑

The head unit is the same as in the BR-V and even the 800k City E! 😑

To make things worse, it doesn't even have Android Auto! So you get factory GPS, but no Waze or Google Maps functionality. I tried connecting my phone and got an "Unsupported Device" error.

Gone are the tweeters too:

Depending on your opinion on the touch-sensitive volume button, its deletion can be either good or bad:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am playing catch up here,- bro.jut, did you buy the Honda Civic? Whew!

Way to go!