New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    mga sirs, may inaalok sa kin na Honda City '94 1.3 M/T for 140k
    all stock, tama lang po ba sa price?
    any reviews on this 1st generation city?
    thanks for your would be reply.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    1994? The SX8 City first came out in 1996.

That said I used to own a 1999 model, with a 1.5L non-VTEC engine and manual gearbox. Seats are smallish but comfortable. Taller/long-legged people might not be comfortable driving, but if you're 5'8" like me you should have no problems because the low-set driving position is quite natural. The clutch is a bit tricky as its bite point is quite abrupt, but it's just a matter of getting used to.

It's a good car for learning how to drive in. Lightweight with a reasonably powerful motor (even in 1.3L guise), it's zippy, sips fuel to the tune of 9-12 km/L in the Metro, and also handles well. Visibility is top-notch; this is one of the best cars to learn how to park with because there are almost no blind spots.

The only real issue of SX8 Cities like these is the suspension. Unlike its contemporary EF, EG and EK Civics which all used double wishbones, the EF Civic-based SX8 has long-travel struts all around. When the time comes to replace the shock absorbers, there are limited options.

I think 140K is a little expensive for a 1996-model City, but if it's been well maintained it should be worth it.

advise on Honda City '94