New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Guys,

Need your help , is it still worth it getting this car? I have experienced driving one for about 3 yrs 96 automatic and within that 3 years 3 times rin nag overheat pinalamig lang yung engine then takbo ulit. Over all I really like this car that is why I want to get one. However I want to get manual transmission. Alos the reason why I want to get second hand only is that I am working overseas and maiiwan lang ito sa mga sisters and mom ko which is all of them currently don't know how to drive yet. So parang pagpractice muna sila dito. Ok I know some of you will say it's a big car for newbie like them, but yung tita ko own one as well automatic nga lang and she really loves it, shes only 5'1" may unan pag nagdrive sya kaya naman

Hope you guys out there can help me. budget is only 200k below, I can get brand new pero maiiwan lang pag wala ako and kawawa naman kung pag practice lang nila.

Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the accord to get would be the 98-00 model.

older accords tend to be neglected due to their reliability. once masira, dere-derecho na yan, sunod sunod pa, like yung overheat, transmission problems, etc.

mas maayos yung mga 98-00, iba na engines nila at yung mechanicals. these also come from previous model accord owners who would have learned a thing or two about maintaing 2.0 cars na, and for me, this model seems to be better built.

mura na rin lang model na to ngayon, nakakakita ako ng 250K sa sulit, mukhang maayos naman.

i advise you to get the automatic, you can thank me later if you do, hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    the accord to get would be the 98-00 model.

older accords tend to be neglected due to their reliability. once masira, dere-derecho na yan, sunod sunod pa, like yung overheat, transmission problems, etc.

mas maayos yung mga 98-00, iba na engines nila at yung mechanicals. these also come from previous model accord owners who would have learned a thing or two about maintaing 2.0 cars na, and for me, this model seems to be better built.

mura na rin lang model na to ngayon, nakakakita ako ng 250K sa sulit, mukhang maayos naman.

i advise you to get the automatic, you can thank me later if you do, hehehe.

Hi voltscastillo, thank you for the input. Why you say better get automatic? Maybe mas advisable sa newbie drivers? as what I read to some forums better get manual on older cars. Well you are correct on that point na mas ok nga yung 98-00, pero personally mas gusto ko yung looks ng 97 below (that's only me) Way back owning our 96 accord (we sold it 2007) I miss that car so much, ok sa long drive ang ganda ng ride. Yung ang primary thing why I like it, can you or anyone here suggest a equal or better ride than accord? I am not fun of customizing cars, I want to keep it simple and stock, maybe upgrade lang sa wheels that's it. No worries sa fuel as I am going to use it lang naman pag uuwi pero wag naman yung sobrang gastos than this car

Thank you again.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if you desire the 97 and earlier, better get the freshest you can find. dapat orig pa laht pati radiator.

automatics kasi can be driven by just about anyone. even the female folks from your family. mahirap kasi such a large car tapos manual pa... besides, you won't get better fuel economy from a manual... halos pareho lang daw sila. better get the option which is more convinient (at least, in my opinion).

the major problem lang with getting an a/t for cars manufactured mid-90s and earlier, ay yung reliability issues. nung panahon na yun hindi pa kasing hi-tech ang automatics, di tulad ngayon na computer controlled na. pero if you can manage to get a fresh model with a/t, the tranny will serve you well naman. compared to a manual car, makaka limang palit ka na ng clutch bago masira yung a/t (not counting the other clutch replacements before your ownership).

and besides... madaming transmission na surplus sa banawe. disposable yan hehehe.

i agree the 97 and earlier looks classier.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wont you consider the newer and much easier to find ( fresh unit ) Corolla GLi lovelife ?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    if you desire the 97 and earlier, better get the freshest you can find. dapat orig pa laht pati radiator.

automatics kasi can be driven by just about anyone. even the female folks from your family. mahirap kasi such a large car tapos manual pa... besides, you won't get better fuel economy from a manual... halos pareho lang daw sila. better get the option which is more convinient (at least, in my opinion).

the major problem lang with getting an a/t for cars manufactured mid-90s and earlier, ay yung reliability issues. nung panahon na yun hindi pa kasing hi-tech ang automatics, di tulad ngayon na computer controlled na. pero if you can manage to get a fresh model with a/t, the tranny will serve you well naman. compared to a manual car, makaka limang palit ka na ng clutch bago masira yung a/t (not counting the other clutch replacements before your ownership).

and besides... madaming transmission na surplus sa banawe. disposable yan hehehe.

i agree the 97 and earlier looks classier.
    Thanks again, maybe that's another issue I need to consider. Older car need to be check thoroughly. Sana meron pang available na fresh. By the way what is the average mileage of that car age? maybe 120km below? ayokong sumakit ulo later on . Honestly kaya lang namin benta yung Accord before kasi malakas sa gas. Pero parang walang katulad sa ride comfort in it's class That's why I want an Accord again.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Wont you consider the newer and much easier to find ( fresh unit ) Corolla GLi lovelife ?

Hello renzo! Thanks sa input, we own a Corolla XL 98 way back. Well maybe another option, but a want midsize sana (yun nga ba category ng accord) or at least equivalent size and lalo na comfort. Any other suggestions?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by isotopes7 View Post
    Hello renzo! Thanks sa input, we own a Corolla XL 98 way back. Well maybe another option, but a want midsize sana (yun nga ba category ng accord) or at least equivalent size and lalo na comfort. Any other suggestions?
    What about the Cefiro ?

VIP styling ftw.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah yes, the Accord. We had a '97 VTi A/T before, bought 2nd hand and used from '00-'03. Great car it was, ours had all the options thrown in, which included air cleaner, rear blinds, 6 CD changer, foglights, leather seats, etc. As you know, it gives a really great ride and is real quick too. Wouldn't have sold it if it wasn't for the frequent flooding in our area. Changed the transmission once due to it being flooded. But I really recommend this car. If its women driving, do them a favor and get the A/T. And for more punch and fuel economy, get the one with VTEC. Get the latest one available (if possible, those with plates from UTx-xxx to WAx-xxx plates).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    What about the Cefiro ?

VIP styling ftw.
    Im not sure about Cefiro, wala sa choice ko. Masyado ata formal yun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Accord Second Hand 95-97 model