New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    the belts on my 99 accord produce noise particularly when the aircon is turned on.

I just had its crankshaft pulley replaced, alternator bearing replaced, and aircon compressor overhauled.

When i spray wd40 or pour water on the belts, the noise disappears.

The belts are still fine.

What could it be?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir baka sa tingin niyo ok pa belts pero if it produces noise na... malamang busted na yan... try to change the belts just to make sure na hindi loose or somwthing.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Check the belt if too loose, adjust belt tensioner if necessary, donot over tighten at least 1/2 inch play when pressing down the belt w/ your finger in the middle between pulley.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; June 7th, 2008 at 01:36 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    mechanics at speedyfix said the belts are still ok and tightened to specs.

anyway will replace the belts maski ok pa and see what happens.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Had the same experience with my VTi but was quickly resolved by replacing the belts themselves even though they all looked ok from the outside.

Upon closer inspection, the belts actually had tiny cracks on the inner side. No wonder we couldn't spot the problem.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi all,

Dito na lang ako post kasi related din yung topic.
    I just got a 2nd hand adventure model 99, pinabaguhan ko lahat ng belts ng makuha ko. just recently medyo maingay yung belt, sabi ng mechanic adjust lang ng belt tensioner. hinigpitan lang namin tapos nawala. pero minsan bumabalik yung ingay. bago naman ang belt ko kaya i think di pa naman sa belt ang problem. lumuluwag ba talaga yung tensioner pag bago ang belt?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Spraying WD40 on the belt surface? That can't be right.

One of the common causes of belt noise is when one or more pulleys are misaligned. Other causes includes worn-out or loose belts, etc.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    tensioner pulley bearing baka palitin na kaya maingay

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sirs, di ba nagiging noisy ang belts pag nababasa, say when it's raining?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir how about mine, pag umaga at nag start ako ng car may sumisipol then lalo pag nag aircon ako pero after mga 15 mins or tumakbo na yung car nawawala nagiging silent na sya ulit. by the way my car is civic 99, I also ask some mechanic from greasebee and they said belt was fine hindi kasi nila makita issue pag dating ko dun wala na yung ingay can you help me po? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
99 accord: noisy belts