New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hello guys,im still newbie pag dating sa mga auto, and im planning to buy used Honda ESI for my first car. worth it ba sya? or is there any other car that will suite my needs. fuel efficient, ma-porma, low maintenance.budget is 180ktanx for you input!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It'll easily fit within your budget. But at this point, it's a very old car. You'll have to be patient and look at a lot of units to find one that doesn't need too much work to bring it back to 'fairly new' condition.

Main things to look out for on the ESi include a poorly repaired or cheaply repaired cooling system (metal top radiator? cracked hoses? stay away... the owner doesn't really car for it well)... and rust on the roof.

The engine, in general, is a good one, but if it doesn't run right, just shop around and find one that does.

There are newer cars (non-Honda) that fit within your budget. Be flexible, and look around at many different secondhands and be patient. Finding a good buy secondhand takes time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ako, im driving a honda 94ESi, regret ko lang cguro, dami mo pwede gawing mods and upgrades sa EG so magastos.
    In terms of engine very reliable, given na, maporma tlga at hindi malalaos.
    upto now marami pa ESi ang nananalo both sa karera at car shows.
    getting the best of both worlds ika nga performance and aesthetics.

mine runs arnd 10-11Km/Liter so tipid tlga

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ingat lang talaga sa roof, it's one of the perennial headaches among 1992-95 "EG"-series Civic owners. My aunt's 1995 EG Civic ESi still has its roof bubble-free and corrosion-free though.

Another bugbear of Civics of that vintage is the automatic transmission. Around that time, Honda hadn't yet sorted the programming of its automatics, so driving can be a little jerkier than other cars of the same period.

If you want something a little newer, may I suggest a 1999 Honda City 1.5. Very good fuel consumption also, and the interior is almost as spacious. But the Civic will be a better buy if modification is your kind of thing.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Had the oppurtunity to own and drive a '93 Civic ESi A/T, ' 94 Civic ESi A/T, and '95 Civic ESi M/T. All bought new, btw. The '93 and '95 have been sold already with over 60,xxx kms and 54,xxx kms respectively. The '94 just reached 30,xxx kms.

The '93 had the rusty roof syndrone after a few years, but was eventually rectified after some repair in a non-honda generic body shop.

Both our '93 and '94 had A/T which was convenient for driving in traffic. But performance-wise, the A/T can't hold a candle against the manual trans in the '95. For some reason, the A/T seem to rob the engine of its power. And fuel consumption is a lot worse. The manual is the better transmission and should be the one that you should go for. Our '95 manual beat a "souped up"( airfilter, high flow exhaust, complete body kit, etc) '93 A/T in straight line speed in EDSA. The guy driving the '93 was a school mate then and he was so irritated that he got beaten. Btw, it was "manong" who was driving the rev happy '95 m/t.

Right before it was sold, our '95 had leaking shocks in the rear. The upper portion of the radiator which is made of fiberglass developed leaks on the left side.

Its really hard to find a bone stock ESi in any year bec. most have turned them into rice machines with all those mods. The one who bought our bone stock '95, planned to turn mod it already with mag wheels and all.
    Last edited by number001; February 23rd, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks po so mga inputs, id really appreciate that. =)Whats the price range of stock 95 ESi?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanamontos View Post
    Hello guys,im still newbie pag dating sa mga auto, and im planning to buy used Honda ESI for my first car. worth it ba sya? or is there any other car that will suite my needs. fuel efficient, ma-porma, low maintenance.budget is 180ktanx for you input!!!

pre ok ung honda esi para sa mga auto..da best.. may binebenta ko honda esi all power..contact mo nlng ako for details 09272783905 ty

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hi po buhayin ko lang thread.. Planning to buy a automatic esi.. Ok po ba siya.. Or would you guys prefer na kumuha na lang ako ng automatic na sentra series 3

95 Honda ESi - tanong lang.