New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Honda PH issues recall of over 10,000 vehicles with faulty fuel pumps | TopGear PH

These fuel pumps supposedly contain defective impellers that may cause the engine to have trouble firing up or even become entirely inoperative.

The affected units include 2018-2019 models of the Accord, BR-V, City, Civic, CR-V, HR-V, Jazz, and Mobilio. Owners of vehicles that fall under this recall will be notified via mail, but customers can also check their car’s status through HCPI’s recall information page— all you need is your car’s 17-digit chassis number or vehicle identification number handy for verification.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Symptoms nyan is similar to battery issues but if pinalamig mo, mag i-istart.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    update...

You need to book an appointment 2 weeks in advance para ma-order ng dealership yung parts...

due to Covid-19, dealership has a mandatory disinfection service which costs Php680

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    What denotes a recall? Does it mean that the quality control of the car company is not good? Or the company is just honest to accept the factory defect on certain part and try to correct the defect at their own expense? Ever since, I only hear Honda tried to announce a recall and do correction without charge. Does it mean that other brands are perfectly made where they have no recall issues?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    What denotes a recall? Does it mean that the quality control of the car company is not good? Or the company is just honest to accept the factory defect on certain part and try to correct the defect at their own expense? Ever since, I only hear Honda tried to announce a recall and do correction without charge. Does it mean that other brands are perfectly made where they have no recall issues?
    Safety issue triggers a recall. Usual culprit are parts supplier that didnt went thru stringent testing and quality control, design flaw. Nobody is immune to flaws, some are mechanicaly fine but physically ugly and boring-nobody's perfect.
    Last edited by 12vdc; August 11th, 2020 at 09:46 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    like 12 volts says,
    when the manufacturer feels that there is enough evidence to indicate a possible significant factory defect in a component part, or an issue in the manner it was assembled or designed, the recall is made to correct the potential problem.
    every manufacturer has, at one time or another, had to deal with recall issues.
    some are made in the headlines, while others are quietly dealt with as a matter of "pms".

as i vaguely recall,
    two car manufacturers both had issues with their vehicles, because of a fuel pump problem.
    it seems, they both were using the same fuel pump supplier...
    Last edited by dr. d; August 11th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Honda PH is recalling select 2018-2021 models with possible fuel pump defects | TopGear PH

The recall is to replace fuel pumps of select 2018-2021 Accord, BR-V, City, Civic, CR-V, HR-V, Jazz, and Mobilio models. Heck, even the Civic Type R is being recalled. HCPI says there might be possible defective impellers.