The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    VTEC Just Kicked In Yo
    VTEC Just Kicked In Yo - Encyclopedia Dramatica

Saw this video from YouTube...

How Vtec/VVT/VTVT/VVTi works - YouTube

Now I'm wondering... For locally released VTEC Honda's...

At which RPM does VTEC kick in?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa akin .mga 4 na beses ko lang pina sipa ung vtec ko..kakatakot din kasi eh.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With our old 6th gen Accord and 2009 City, I let the vtec kick in whenever I'm on the highway. I prefer to get myself to my cruising speed quickly. For the 2009 City, it is a must as the 1.5L engine feels lethargic at 2000 rpm so I let it rip to its max torque limit of between 4000 to 4500 rpm to put it up to speed. For the 6th gen Accord, the first stage of vtec kicks in around 3000 rpm and the next one at 5000 rpm (to aid the car get to redline). The F23 engine has good torque at low rpms so if I do let the vtec kicked in, I'm already past the speed limit. Hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    from the comments section of this video...

di na pala natin mararamdaman/maririnig yung VTEC

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    18 years with a Honda VTEC, but I wonder if I have vtec kicked in? I follow the 100 kph speed limit kasi and i think it rarely crosses 3500 rpm, may times na nag overtake ako ang i floor the pedal and the rpm goes wild at downshift, pero di ko ramdam ang sipa sa overtake.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    18 years with a Honda VTEC, but I wonder if I have vtec kicked in? I follow the 100 kph speed limit kasi and i think it rarely crosses 3500 rpm, may times na nag overtake ako ang i floor the pedal and the rpm goes wild at downshift, pero di ko ramdam ang sipa sa overtake.
    Really? Not ever a day when you floored that pedal to redline? Perhaps even reaching peak torque (4K to 5k rpm)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I know its not the same with the i-vtec but during my four years of ownership with a 1.5L E honda city, I also never noticed the vtec kicking in... ever.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I know its not the same with the i-vtec but during my four years of ownership with a 1.5L E honda city, I also never noticed the vtec kicking in... ever.

Wala naman kasi VTEC kick sa i-VTEC.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    from the comments section of this video...

di na pala natin mararamdaman/maririnig yung VTEC
    City yan na i-VTEC. The VTEC kick comes from the 90s VTEC engines na dalawa cam profile (low rev and high rev).

Yung i-VTEC today is like a CVT with unlimited ratios vs an old school VTEC na you can imagine may 2-speed gearbox (below 5k rpm and above 5k until redline).

10. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    City yan na i-VTEC. The VTEC kick comes from the 90s VTEC engines na dalawa cam profile (low rev and high rev).

Yung i-VTEC today is like a CVT with unlimited ratios vs an old school VTEC na you can imagine may 2-speed gearbox (below 5k rpm and above 5k until redline).

yung 7th gen civic i-vtec nadin po ba? o simula sa eighth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast