New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Planning to buy my 1st car, seems that there are no thread about 2013 Honda City. Maybe you could post your opinions, experiences and FC on 2013 Honda City.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, ang daming discussions about 2013 Honda City dito. Just do the google custom search on the top right hand side of the page.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks sir Mguy! Mukhang hindi po gnung ka-active 2013 Honda City sa Honda Thread.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    May site dedicated solely to Honda City users sir: Honda City Club Philippines - HCCP

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Already bought my first car, 2013 Honda City 1.5E Urban Titanium A/T
    1st owner bought AUG 2013, Rizal-Laguna trip ni 1st owner & ODO reached 25K in just 17 months. so ave. daily trip is 50Km, then I bought it as 2nd hand last JAN 2015. 3X PMS ni 1st owner 5T Km, 11T Km and 22T Km (last OCT 2014).

I would like to share some of my observations sa 1st car ko:

1. Every time I turn the Ignition, all of the lights(even the LED cabin lamps and
    foot well) dims as if they will go off.
    2. There are times when I turn the Ignition keys, the ignition motor kicks in but
    suddenly went all off so I have to return the key to OFF and turn the Ignition
    again.
    3. Every morning or every time the engine rest for a while and I turn the Ignition
    switch rpm dial goes around 1200rpm and after 2-3 minutes it normalizes to
    800rpm, so if I change to "D" during the 1st minute the car will run at around
    10kph w/o stepping on the gas pedal.
    4. All of the lights esp. Headlamps/Fog lights dims a bit every time the A/C
    compressor turns on.
    5. Rust are forming around the break discs edges and from a complete Stop position
    when I step off the break very slowly esp on downslope roads or bridge I could
    hear a squeek-grinding like sound from the tires.
    6. During heavy traffic conditions, when I step lightly on the breaks while the gear is
    at "D" sometimes I could feel small jerks when the car is running between
    1-4kph.
    7. There are times that the gear takes time to change from 1st gear to 2nd gear and
    find it "nakakabitin" when overtaking and ended up hitting the gas pedal very
    hard and hoping the gear will shift quickly.
    8. Small vibration can be felt on the driver-side door during idle.

Mga Honda users please share based on your experiences maybe these were all Normal or dapat ko na ipa-check sa casa.

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan_2180 View Post
    1st owner bought AUG 2013, Rizal-Laguna trip ni 1st owner & ODO reached 25K in just 17 months. so ave. daily trip is 50Km, then I bought it as 2nd hand last JAN 2015. 3X PMS ni 1st owner 5T Km, 11T Km and 22T Km (last OCT 2014).

1. Every time I turn the Ignition, all of the lights(even the LED cabin lamps and
    2. There are times when I turn the Ignition keys, the ignition motor kicks in but
    again.
    3. Every morning or every time the engine rest for a while and I turn the Ignition
    compressor turns on.
    5. Rust are forming around the break discs edges and from a complete Stop position
    6. During heavy traffic conditions, when I step lightly on the breaks while the gear is
    1-4kph.
    7. There are times that the gear takes time to change from 1st gear to 2nd gear and

Mga Honda users please share based on your experiences maybe these were all Normal or dapat ko na ipa-check sa casa.

Thanks!
    try to have your battery checked, baka symptoms that it is dying.
    the rust on brakes is normal, imho. moisture yan. but since it squeaks na, try to have the brake pads checked and replaced.
    #3, i think is normal.
    on the jerking and bitin sa gear shifts, palit ka muna AT fluid.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

again.
    compressor turns on.
    1-4kph.

Thanks!
    try to have your battery checked, baka symptoms that it is dying.
    the rust on brakes is normal, imho. moisture yan. but since it squeaks na, try to have the brake pads checked and replaced.
    #3, i think is normal.
    on the jerking and bitin sa gear shifts, palit ka muna AT fluid.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

again.
    compressor turns on.
    1-4kph.

Thanks!
    i would daresay...
    1. that's normal, sir. that is why, the suggestion is, all lights and accessories be turned off before starting the engine.
    2. wear and tear? weak battery?
    3. that's normal. the "choke" is working. the engine rpm is normally adjusted to idle higher when the engine is cold. idling rpm goes down once the engine gets hot.
    4. normal or weak battery? check battery connectors.
    5. that's normal.
    6. ATF levels? replace?
    7. "hunting"? maybe it's normal, maybe #6 above.
    8. weatherstrip perished? door alignment? wear and tear on the insides of the door?
    see what 1D4LV recommends above.
    have fun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vibration can be from not-so-good sparkplugs and or dirty throttle body.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks po sa inputs and really appreciated it!

Pa-check ko po battery maybe its already reaching the end of its lifetime (*21 mo. old)

Will also check ATF levels, or inquire honda how much it will cost me for ATF replacement,
    or should I wait for 30T Km PMS?

Regarding brake discs, should I leave it to get rusted or apply rust converter or paint the edges?

Regarding vibration, the doors and weatherstrips still sounds solid to me, i think its coming from the engine and vibrates the body during idle, hindi po kaya bumababa rpm kaya nararamdaman ko slight vibration during idle? I tried turning off the A/C but I could still feel the slight vibration, heard that in new cars minsan daw hindi nila halos maramdaman na umaandar engine during idle ksi sobrang smooth and silent nila.

conscious lang po kasi ako regarding vibrations and sounds coming from the car and still I'm not aware of all engine or transmission problems and other signs that the car should be checked na.

Thanks po sa inputs and really appreciated it!

Pa-check ko po battery maybe its already reaching the end of its lifetime (*21 mo. old)

Will also check ATF levels, or inquire honda how much it will cost me for ATF replacement,
    or should I wait for 30T Km PMS?

Regarding brake discs, should I leave it to get rusted or apply rust converter or paint the edges?

Regarding vibration, the doors and weatherstrips still sounds solid to me, i think its coming from the engine and vibrates the body during idle, hindi po kaya bumababa rpm kaya nararamdaman ko slight vibration during idle? I tried turning off the A/C but I could still feel the slight vibration, heard that in new cars minsan daw hindi nila halos maramdaman na umaandar engine during idle ksi sobrang smooth and silent nila.

conscious lang po kasi ako regarding vibrations and sounds coming from the car and still I'm not aware of all engine or transmission problems and other signs that the car should be checked na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    About atf fluid, if its level is good, it should be good. The atf even with severe conditions will last 50k. The delayed shifting is normal imo,it's a 1.3 afterall. you're in need of an oil change. get fully synth from honda. its reasonably priced from honda.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast