New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    im planning on upgrading my stock 15 inch magwheels. Im not really particular with the brand as long as it is a decent brand. All im looking for is for the color to be black. is it a waste if i just stick with 15 inches since i want to still use the tires that came with the car. is there a benefit to getting larger mags like 16 or 18 inches?

please give your recommendations.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by extrarice311 View Post
    im planning on upgrading my stock 15 inch magwheels. Im not really particular with the brand as long as it is a decent brand. All im looking for is for the color to be black. is it a waste if i just stick with 15 inches since i want to still use the tires that came with the car. is there a benefit to getting larger mags like 16 or 18 inches?

please give your recommendations.

Thanks!
    Yes, it would be a waste because going 15s will not really change the way the car looks. By going bigger like 16s to 18s will dramatically change its looks. As for benefits, with a bigger wheel and matching tires (with shorter sidewalls) will result in a much sharper & consistent handling manners (less spongy feel when turning corners or changing lanes). BUT the ride quality may suffer if the car's suspension is not up to the task, especially with the 18s.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    And it is a waste that you like it black IMO. It wouldn't look like you've upgraded at all.

The 16" OEM from the Jazz looks good with the City.

If you can secure the OEM 185/55R16 much better. Fairly tall, smooth riding, adequately grippy.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    +1 on basti08's idea of putting the Jazz's OEM 16's on the City. Putting 17s on the City will really worsen the ride.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    More pics of GE City with 16" Jazz OEMs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    may idea kayo ano gross weight (including tires) ng 15" at 16" OEM wheels ng Jazz/City?