New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i hope honda consider having crv with crdi engine.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    Meron naman talaga eh, sa Europe nga lang.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Meron naman talaga eh, sa Europe nga lang.
    sana i market din nila sa RP

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Mga Sirs my idea na po ba kayo how much is the introductory price of the new CRV? For the release the Honda Agent told me na baka May or June (or baka he is not sure). Thanks sirs

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Honda is really getting complacent.
    i don't think so. crv is still the best selling cuv in the US even with its aging design. i don't know about you, but the people who bought this vehicle were looking at reliability, dependability, just to name a few.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    7 seater din kaya as originally hyped?
    nope. still a 5 seater.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    i don't think so. crv is still the best selling cuv in the US even with its aging design. i don't know about you, but the people who bought this vehicle were looking at reliability, dependability, just to name a few.
    It is precisely bec. it sells well that's why Honda does not feel the need or urgency to do something differently about it come model refresh time.

Reliability, dependability, etc are all supposedly "a given" that every brand must strive and deliver to their customers. This is not an exception, but rather an expectation from all manufacturers.

2012 CRV is supposedly be all new. But its actually a mid-life cycle facelift. Same engine (which is carried way back from 2002-2005 CRV), same transmission, same floor pans, same length, same shape, etc..

Civic ES was bad that Honda was "shocked" into designing and releasing the Civic FD. That should be Honda's attitude. Release a great car and not fall into complacency when their product sells well.

PS: Same scenario with the 9th Gen Civic.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    It is precisely bec. it sells well that's why Honda does not feel the need or urgency to do something differently about it come model refresh time.

Reliability, dependability, etc are all supposedly "a given" that every brand must strive and deliver to their customers. This is not an exception, but rather an expectation from all manufacturers.

2012 CRV is supposedly be all new. But its actually a mid-life cycle facelift. Same engine (which is carried way back from 2002-2005 CRV), same transmission, same floor pans, same length, same shape, etc..

Civic ES was bad that Honda was "shocked" into designing and releasing the Civic FD. That should be Honda's attitude. Release a great car and not fall into complacency when their product sells well.

PS: Same scenario with the 9th Gen Civic.
    everything you said are true, except that the market is not full of reliable, dependable products. i have looked into other makes when buying new cars, and each time the market leads me to honda because of of those two items. looking at hyundai, they may have a great warranty protection, but i haven't seen their product that is already 10+ years old and still runs like it is not 10 years old and above. toyota, though is different but their packaging leans toward older generation.

for the new crv, the biggest change is the interior and the tech package; well, for the USDM, that's the biggest change. the interior size is bigger without increasing the exterior size, road noise reduction is also being tauted. the height shrank, actually. the engine gained a little bit of HP and is now more fuel efficient compared to previous generations. overall design, it's not very good, but it's not bad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    That would be a good move to face the Hyundai Tucson... That 2.2L diesel engine used by Honda in the Euro-spec CR-V would fare well against the Tucson. Honda is currently also working on a 1.6L turbodiesel with 120hp at 4000RPM and 30.5kgfm torque at 2000RPM. Power can be not so impressive, but torque is more than 50% higher than in the 150hp*6200RPM gasoline-powered K20, and even still more than 30% higher than in the 170hp K24. Downsizing at its finest

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
2012 Honda CRV