New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Civic is the wisest choice but 5 years down the road, i'l choose the City having the newer body and design.

Civic and Focus might be having a complete makeover in a year or two, hence the new car you buy today will look like too old by then.

In addition, if you're going to drive within the city limits most of the time then go for the smaller displacement....it'll give you more mileage and less maintenance cost.

This were the things i have considered when i bought my car (Honda City 1.3S) a month a go. My FC, it is unbelievable...i am making a 17.5km/l on a mix driving.

My daily route: Cavite, Noveleta - Coastal Rd - Tambo - East Service Rd - C5 - Eastwood City, Libis (then back).

Distance - 42 km one way x2 = 84km back and forth.

And just imagine the kind of traffic i go through everyday.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me I will get the Civic overall! The prices of the 1.5L Honda sub-compacts (City and Jazz) are not good value for me dahil konti na lang Civic ka na!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I'm planning to buy a Honda City by October, however, I can't decide if I'll take the 1.5E or 1.3S. Need your help on this, guys.......tnx....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Almost 2 years ago, we had that same dillema! We decided already for the 1.5 City MT (budget wise)...went to the bank and ask for a quote for a car loan, got approve and off we went to Honda.
    I requested a test drive of the 1.5 City MT and 1.8 MT Civic FD. After the test drive........we went back to the bank and had our loan re-compute for a Civic!
    That was almost 2 years ago....and boy! Still no regrets here getting the Civic FD 1.8S MT
    My advise: TEST DRIVE TO THE MAX! Till you feel what you like!
    May MT na s 1.5E??
    AFAIK wala.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by silverrain View Post
    May MT na s 1.5E??
    AFAIK wala.

That was before the facelifted city...and the SA told me it's 1.5...manual.
    I didn't bother to check after driving it....

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    1.5E hands down. For a difference of 50K, you get more features, more toys. Leather seats d ba? Mas magasto ang 1.5L kaysa 1.3L sa gas definitely. Pero di ganoon katakaw ang 1.5 na makina. It's bearable. But the power difference is huge. You'll be looking at it everyday. Don't give chance to future remorse when you would tell yourself... dpat 1.5 kinuha ko. What's 50K? Change the mags of 1.3S and you're halfway there.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Ako i'd go for the civic. Focus malayo na siguro sa comparison dahil sobrang mahal mga piyesa. Friend ko naka focus diesel, medyo nagsisi siya.
    Kung jazz naman konti na lang civic na. Civic ka na lang malaki pa at tipid daw yung 1.8 sabi nung friend ko na naka-fd. Maganda pa pormahan.

Pero it is still up to you kung ano pipiliin mo.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Honda Civic 1.8S ;)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Question lang po?

Ang 1.8s a/t ay mayroon na bang dual airbags?

TIA

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by monsrick View Post
    Question lang po?

Ang 1.8s a/t ay mayroon na bang dual airbags?

TIA
    Yup. 1.8V = 0 airbags

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2010 HONDA CITY 1.5E or HONDA CIVIC 1.8s or FORD FOCUS?