New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    2010 HONDA CITY 1.5E OR HONDA CIVIC 1.8S OR FORD FOCUS 1.8??

which is better in terms of performance, fc, porma,safety,speed??
    balak ko kc bumile this march.. 1st car ko.. help me guys =)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Civic 1.8s na kunin mo. konti na lang kase idadagdag mo if mag 1.5e city ka sayang naman.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the new 1.8S civic also has the paddle shifters. correct me if im wrong

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    afaik, the civic 2.0 has the paddle shifters lang. not that sure though.

on the thread, ill take the civic. far better than the city and better resale value than the focus.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oasakapa View Post
    2010 HONDA CITY 1.5E OR HONDA CIVIC 1.8S OR FORD FOCUS 1.8??

which is better in terms of performance, fc, porma,safety,speed??
    balak ko kc bumile this march.. 1st car ko.. help me guys =)
    haha sir kagagaling ko lang sa situation na yan City din dapat kukunin ko 1.5E but then nag civic 1.8V A/t nalang ako promise hindi ako nagsisi super enjoy ako sa civic ko ngayon. well good luck you can't go wrong din naman sa city

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    the new 1.8S civic also has the paddle shifters. correct me if im wrong
    yes the civic 1.8S at has paddle shifters now. and has a foglight the previous model has paddle shifters only on the 2.0S variant

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    afaik, the civic 2.0 has the paddle shifters lang. not that sure though.

on the thread, ill take the civic. far better than the city and better resale value than the focus.

The 1.8S A/T gets paddle shifters too. It`s a new addition in the Civic MMC Features. Which, I guess is a great thing to add.

Anyways, on the topic.

The City is a no-brainer here.

The Civic gets more space, though it has harder seats. And offer greater and much better features.

With that in mind, the FC is a little bit lower. 8km/l on a city driving and around 11km/l mixed highway and city driving. Tested on a civic 1.8L as well.

The Focus is A LOT better IF it's the 2.0TDCi. If that is added, the two will be easily beaten up.

So, it goes like this.

Civic > Focus > City.

But, if you changed the 1.8focus to the 2.0TDCi. The order will be like this.

Focus > Civic > City .

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most comfortable?

1st Ford Focus - seats supportive and comfortable, ride supple but well-controlled.

City- second... seats still hard, but nowhere near as hard as the Civic. Suspension softer than Civic, not as well controlled as Focus.

Civic - stiffest ride, stiffest seats. Thinner and younger people don't mind the seats, some people find them unbearable. Try before you buy.

Most spacious?

1st Civic - Manages to be jumbo without looking dumbo, like the previous generation Civic.

City and Focus - close match... Focus is wider than the City, but the roof hoops cut into the extra head space. The City has a longer cabin than the Focus.

Fastest?

1st Civic - 1.8 5AT delivers the same performance numbers as the 4-speed 2.0s of the competition.

Focus - not much faster than the City in terms of 0-100 numbers (Focus around 11 seconds... City around 11.5), but the midrange torque and low-end power of the 1.8 is very good. Better than the Civic, in fact, but the Civic has a better gearbox.

City - lacks the instant torque of the 1.8s, which makes life easier in real-world driving... still, nice power... but you need to wring it out to the redline to actually feel all 120 hp.

Best driving?

1st Focus - The 1.8 Focus hatchback is the sweetest balanced compact on sale today. (yes, I rate it higher than the Subaru 2.0R) The steering is slower than the Civic or the City, but it's smooth, responsive and communicative. The suspension also remains in complete control over rough roads.

Civic - Civic's stiff suspension gives it incredible handling on smooth roads, and the steering is razor-sharp. Rear end feels dead as a doornail, though. If you can't tell the difference, you don't drive like a total idiot (like me...) so you won't really mind.

City - lighter than the other two, which makes it feel nimble, but the steering is pretty numb and the suspension is tuned on the soft side.

Fuel economy?

1st Honda City - You can get double-digit fuel economy in daily use.

The Honda Civic is effective for a 1.8. The Focus has one less gear than the Civic, which puts it at a disadvantage in highway driving. It's not terrible for a 1.8, but not as efficient as the Honda.

Safety?

Can't go wrong with any of these cars... but the Focus and Civic should be better than the City because they have more crush area. All three are five-star cars on the EuroNCAP.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Almost 2 years ago, we had that same dillema! We decided already for the 1.5 City MT (budget wise)...went to the bank and ask for a quote for a car loan, got approve and off we went to Honda.
    I requested a test drive of the 1.5 City MT and 1.8 MT Civic FD. After the test drive........we went back to the bank and had our loan re-compute for a Civic!
    That was almost 2 years ago....and boy! Still no regrets here getting the Civic FD 1.8S MT
    My advise: TEST DRIVE TO THE MAX! Till you feel what you like!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    porma - Civic. definitely. Focus trails behind. City is, as always, drab compared to a Civic or even a Ford Focus.

price - City. cheaper. Value for money.

fuel efficiency - City. More efficient than a Civic or a Focus.

re-sale - Honda. Unless you never intend to sell or change cars in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2010 HONDA CITY 1.5E or HONDA CIVIC 1.8s or FORD FOCUS?