New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I haven't heard of Subarus that are fuel efficient even if its the non-turbo variant. But resale value should be quite good since it is, after all, a Subaru. It really depends on what you want. The CRV gives great fuel economy with good performance especially with the 6 speed MT but the Subaru has the bragging rights and more toys. But I would recommend the Outlander which is more of a balance between the two.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The problem with Subaru is the parts. To be blunt, I would say its not a practical vehicle to own. You can't just go to Banawe and get your Subaru parts.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The problem with Subaru is the parts. To be blunt, I would say its not a practical vehicle to own. You can't just go to Banawe and get your Subaru parts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I am planning to buy this year a 2008(2009 probably) honda CRV 4x2 but I'm still choosing between it and fortuner, I prefer gas engine because I dont want diesel engine. Gas propelled fortuners are known to be thirsty that's why i'm switching to CRV. Anybody here knows the fuel consumption of 08 CRV because the 2nd generation CRV has a very poor fuel efficiency according to this website so that's why I'm in doubt with CRV. I need feedbacks on the 08 model re FC. TIA

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi na ganun ka lakas sa gas yung new CR-V.. kasi new engine sya eh (hindi na K20 DOHC).

2.0 SOHC na pero same HP lang sila ng K20.

usually daw nakaka 8-9.5km/l sa city ang CR-V 2.0L tapos more than 10km/l sa hi way..

ako din sana bibili ng CR-V pero 2.4 AWD pero baka next year pa..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    initially wanted a CRV but for almost thesame price and more seats you could already buy a Ford Everes...im wondering if there are any members who had thesame quandry in mind in trying which between the two to get, CRV or Everest?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my 2.0L A/T CR-V averages between 9-10km/l... combined city and hi-way. my daily drive is from sucat > makati > ortigas > makati > sucat

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hindi na ganun ka lakas sa gas yung new CR-V.. kasi new engine sya eh (hindi na K20 DOHC).

2.0 SOHC na pero same HP lang sila ng K20.

usually daw nakaka 8-9.5km/l sa city ang CR-V 2.0L tapos more than 10km/l sa hi way..
    this is great to know. is this the 2008 crv you're talking about?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The 3rd gen CR-V now uses the same R engine of the Civic with the 2.0 displacement.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnymiss View Post
    this is great to know. is this the 2008 crv you're talking about?
    yeah thats right.. i make 11-13 km/L on a highway...
    sa city driving it depends with tire pressure and other conditions.. pero at conservative driving i can hit 10km/L minimum as long as you keep an eye dun sa mala-rpm na gas consumption gauge, whatever its called.

by the way that's with my 2.0 MT G3 CRV.. its definitely the most efficient among the G3's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2008 honda crv