New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ngyayari sakin yan dati. while in "P" ayaw mag start. ginagawa ko apak break, shift sa R-N-D-S-L then pabalik sa P, tapos yun mag start na. not sure pero hindi ata pumapasok ng maigi yung P kaya ayaw mg start kaya need pa ulitin. pero when i replaced my tranny never na ulit ngyari.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is the neutral safety switch (NSS) or its equivalent in Honda...

Purpose of which is to prevent the engine from being started unless you're in 'P' or 'N'

Obviously, the car does not recognize that you're in 'P' or 'N' and that is why it does not start,- and the necessity to wiggle or to play around with the AT lever.....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    worn a/t switch Lang or loose cable connecting the lever to the switch. Jack up the car and check. use Jack stands...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Purpose of which is to prevent the engine from being started unless you're in 'P' or 'N'

Obviously, the car does not recognize that you're in 'P' or 'N' and that is why it does not start,- and the necessity to wiggle or to play around with the AT lever.....

same symptoms sa akin sir CVT at sir kevinworld ,, lately nag search ako s honda u.s. forum lumalabas nuetral safety switch nga ang dahilan kya walang crank whatsoever, at available ung parts ,, ,, sa casa kc dito sa atin kung ano ano ipapapalit sa iyo dun ,,pero hindi nila babanggitin nila ung parts na yun .eh sa u.s. nga do it yourself lang ung pagpalit at paglinis nila nun ( pede nga plang linisin lang ). tingin ko kc un ang dahilan ng no start sa mga sasakyan nmin ,, sa ngayon ang ginagawa ko P-R-N-D-N dahan dahan lang hindi nagmamadali at it works for me everytime and press the brake pla. i wonder kung may nka experience ng magpalit dito sa pinas at kung knino nagpapalit ,ty sir

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

same symptoms sa akin sir CVT at sir kevinworld ,, lately nag search ako s honda u.s. forum lumalabas nuetral safety switch nga ang dahilan kya walang crank whatsoever, at available ung parts ,, ,, sa casa kc dito sa atin kung ano ano ipapapalit sa iyo dun ,,pero hindi nila babanggitin nila ung parts na yun .eh sa u.s. nga do it yourself lang ung pagpalit at paglinis nila nun ( pede nga plang linisin lang ). tingin ko kc un ang dahilan ng no start sa mga sasakyan nmin ,, sa ngayon ang ginagawa ko P-R-N-D-N dahan dahan lang hindi nagmamadali at it works for me everytime and press the brake pla. i wonder kung may nka experience ng magpalit dito sa pinas at kung knino nagpapalit ,ty sir

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    eto nga pla picture ng nuetral safety switch for honda fit , i think pede din ito sa city natin ( i guess lan po ). o bka mayron tayo available sa pinas ,, ty
    nss.jpg

eto nga pla picture ng nuetral safety switch for honda fit , i think pede din ito sa city natin ( i guess lan po ). o bka mayron tayo available sa pinas ,, ty
    nss.jpg

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Where Is the Neutral Safety Switch Located

By: Don Bowman
    Where is the neutral safety switch located? It's actually easy to find. The neutral safety switch prevents the engine from starting unless the transmission is in park or neutral. The switch is wired between the ignition switch and the starter. When the ignition switch is on, so is power to the switch, but when the vehicle is in a gear other than park or neutral, the switch creates an open circuit. When the ignition switch is in the start position, no power is transferred to the starter.
    On vehicles with a conventional neutral safety switch, the neutral safety switch also acts as a back-up light switch. The neutral safety switch on late model vehicles remains the same as it has been for many years. This is for the majority of vehicles, but not all.
    The switch, regardless of its form, needs to be in a location where it can contact the parking pawl or shift linkage. The most common is a

Where Is the Neutral Safety Switch Located

By: Don Bowman
    Where is the neutral safety switch located? It's actually easy to find. The neutral safety switch prevents the engine from starting unless the transmission is in park or neutral. The switch is wired between the ignition switch and the starter. When the ignition switch is on, so is power to the switch, but when the vehicle is in a gear other than park or neutral, the switch creates an open circuit. When the ignition switch is in the start position, no power is transferred to the starter.
    On vehicles with a conventional neutral safety switch, the neutral safety switch also acts as a back-up light switch. The neutral safety switch on late model vehicles remains the same as it has been for many years. This is for the majority of vehicles, but not all.
    The switch, regardless of its form, needs to be in a location where it can contact the parking pawl or shift linkage. The most common is a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12