New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is it possible to turbocharge a Civic FD? hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wala nang m/t na 2.0 kung brand new puro a/t nalang. FD can be turbocharged kaya lang panay eg, ek pa lang rin nakikita ko (dito sa don manuel-banawe st.) siguro this year (after 3 years and warranty expires) dadami na.
    Last edited by XTO; February 4th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Is it possible to turbocharge a Civic FD? hehe
    Kinda OT na. but yes.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i've seen one turbo charged fd. a black one, from team fd.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is a nice comparo. I wonder if the wheelbase can also be a factor.

wheelbase comes in only during slalom attacks... wherein turning radius matters..pag drag-attack it desent matter... weight and torque matters...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    FD 2.0L

Peak horsepower is not everything. It's the power curve that will tell you the whole story.

I have eaten up SiRs with my Project Sentra 2.0L with it's previously untuned engine.
    My stock engine 1.8MT FD beaten up bunch of SIR's on the track several times. Im not a professional racer though.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lugarai View Post
    My stock engine 1.8MT FD beaten up bunch of SIR's on the track several times. Im not a professional racer though.
    You have better torque and a better chassis. SiRs are fast in a straight line, but the chassis rigidity and handling limits are actually lower than many more modern cars. A Honda Jazz can outcorner an SiR handily... as my cousin learned to his chagrin when he couldn't shake one off his ass on the BRC.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    off the line from idle, fd 2.0 will win hands down. an fd 1.8 might also do the trick.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    2.0 FD will win against SiR... SiR is overrated vehicle.. even the 1.8 FD stock can beat the SiR..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2.0 fd vs. sir