New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Good day tsikoteers, I'm thinking of something crazy here but innovative if its possible, that's why I want to consult your expert opinions. The 1st gen crv is a 5 person vehicle right, is it posibble to customize additional seats for 2 at the back facing each other making it 7pax vehicle? Would the ceiling clearance even permit to install the seats? Have anyone you know already done or tried to do it?

I'm interested in buying but being a 5pax vehicle prevents me from owning one due to my big family and a 2nd gen is out of the budget. Any replies are much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to customize it, I think it is doable. But you will have to replace the picnic table with something more durable to use as a mounting base and flooring for the additional seats at the back cargo area.

As for the headroom, not sure if the headroom is enough for adults but kids would be fine.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    may similar na tanong na ganito pero para sa terrano naman. i think mas feasible yung rear facing jumpseats ng benz na wagon para mas madali din yung ingress/egress. pero parang "seat on the floor" yung dating at halos totally bent ang knees kung above 5' ka siguro hehe

another concern aside from the mounting points would be the weight na madadagdag behind the rear wheels. baka magsag yung rear ng CRV unless kabitan mo ng harder shocks/springs.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    your a/c would also keep going full blast all the time in order for the air to reach the rearmost passengers. hindi kasi dual a/c ang crv. at mainit sa likod, especially on hot sunny days with no tint... matagal bago makabuelo yung lamig sa rear. baka himatayin na yung nasa likod bago lumamig to a comfy level.

sinukat sukat ko din dati ito kasi naisip ko din lagyan yung sa akin ng jumpseats to maximise space. sa estimate ko, pwet about 3 inches off the floor, knees bent at a weird angle, at harapan gaya ng revo... my scalp touches the ceiling, and i'm 5'8".

pwede kung sa pwede, especially for shorter folks (yung helper namin swak eh, comfy pa nga). pero not worth it, imo. better to just get a revo or pajero. issue kasi jan yung aircon at riding comfort.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Measure it. Kapag puede, bakit hindi.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    My lola used to own a 1st gen CRV. Good ride and quality plus it does seat 5 pax comfortably. In my opinion, customizing it to a 7 seater vehicle would not only cost you a few bucks for modifications but will eventually be a pain to your family. Since the height clearance of the CRV isn't that accommodating in terms of human size, you might only fit kids at the back which on long hauling would be uncomfortable to them as well. If I were you, it would be more ideal to purchase a 7 seater auv or SUV. This would be more hassle free for you as well since upon purchase, you do not have to make modifications.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for the reply guys. I was considering an AUV but I'm attracted to the looks of the 1st gen crv knowing that it rides like a car, that means comfort in driving especially during long trips. I was really hoping it would be possible. Possible nga pala according to you guys but sacrifice the comfort, tsk tsk tsk not a good idea right. But if ever I will go through with these bizarre plan, how about engine performance will there be a drastic change?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoR. View Post
    But if ever I will go through with these bizarre plan, how about engine performance will there be a drastic change?
    Expect that the added weight will affect acceleration and braking. It would be the same as having a full load of stuff weighing 200 pounds in the cargo area (assuming each person in the back weighs 100 lbs).

Handling would also be affected, sudden turns might make the rear sway uncontrollably when fully loaded because of the inertia of the weight in the back that is located so far from the car's center of balance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede pag exclusive for midgets and mga sasakay sa third row...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Expect that the added weight will affect acceleration and braking. It would be the same as having a full load of stuff weighing 200 pounds in the cargo area (assuming each person in the back weighs 100 lbs).

Handling would also be affected, sudden turns might make the rear sway uncontrollably when fully loaded because of the inertia of the weight in the back that is located so far from the car's center of balance.
    sir GH do you think it would happen, considering that the 1st gen is not that long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1st Gen Honda CRV..... 7 seater?