New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Thanks for the insight, very helpful. I really like this generation of accord. I like the design. I much as I wanted a manual tranny, I'm going with the auto. Due to the traffic situation right now, EVERYWHERE is TRAFFIC!. I would sacrifice FC for convenience. How big is the difference of FC between the maual and auto? I'll try looking for the 2.3l variant but if exceeds my budget, I'll go with the 2.0l instead.
    MT vs AT around 1km/L in city driving. 2.3 vs 2.0 AT, another 1 km/L or so. So if you can get 6-7 km/L with a 2.0 MT, expect around 5 km/L for the 2.3 AT.

Price of the 2.3 and 2.0 are roughly the same. I'd go with the 2.3 since it's much more fun to drive. I drove my cousin's old 2.3 Accord before, it does feel premium compared to a Civic of the same age and it's certainly more powerful.

Mazda 6..Huh? Never thought of that car. I'll check it out! Do you further info on that model, FC etc.? Thanks
    The Accord is 200-250k. The Mazda 6 is 300-400k depending on the condition. If you're getting one, get the 2.3 and not the earlier 2.0.

FC will be awful of course. I have a 2.0 Mazda 3 which is lighter and has a smaller engine, only gets 5-6 km/L in moderate to heavy traffic. Over the Halloween weekend I got 6.7 km/L in light traffic. When I bring it to the highway I get 11-14 km/L. Best I've ever done was 18 km/L but that was at a slow 75-80 kph on purely NLEX driving (did it just to see how well it can go).

The Mazda 6 will be worse than the Mazda 3 when it comes to consumption so expect 4-5 km/L in heavy traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Another option will be the 7th gen Accord (2003-2007). There are some used models being sold for less than 300k. Opt for the model with the 2.4L engine (K24), a good balance between the lower trim 2.0L (K20) model and the TOTL 3.0L V6 (J30) model. All models come with a 5AT tranny already.

The 7th gen Accord feels plushier inside and has better insulation compared to the older 6th gen. It looks porkier though.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The 7th gen Honda Accord is the least in the looks department among the Accords ...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I agree. The 6th gen Accord has this 90s vibe that I really like. Only the current 9th gen Accord attracts me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I'm finding a 6th gen at 160k 2.0L so far havent seen a 2.3L.

Is there a local and international websites that caters only for accords for both new and old models? Where can I get a service manual for the 6th gen?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm finding a 6th gen at 160k 2.0L so far havent seen a 2.3L.

Is there a local and international websites that caters only for accords for both new and old models? Where can I get a service manual for the 6th gen?
    There are dedicated sites that cater to Accords. They are really more popular worldwide compared to the Civic. The local 6th gen Accord has the CG chassis code, same with the US. They come with either the F20 or F23 SOHC VTEC engine. If you want a more powerful engine, you can do a transplant for the engine of the Accord SiR, the H22. It came stock at 200hp (AT tranny) or 220hp (MT tranny).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    How much po ang pagawa ng slipping auto transmission for 2002 honda accord?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There are dedicated sites that cater to Accords. They are really more popular worldwide compared to the Civic. The local 6th gen Accord has the CG chassis code, same with the US. They come with either the F20 or F23 SOHC VTEC engine. If you want a more powerful engine, you can do a transplant for the engine of the Accord SiR, the H22. It came stock at 200hp (AT tranny) or 220hp (MT tranny).
    Sir alam nyo po yung website?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How much po ang pagawa ng slipping auto transmission for 2002 honda accord?

Sir alam nyo po yung website?
    If you are in Cavite area, do a search for Mel Casaba. He's quite a good mechanic who specializes in Honda AT trannies. If you're in Paranaque or Las Pinas area, go check out D & R Fast Auto Repair shop near SM Hypermart Sucat. They can provide a good assessment for the repair of a sliding tranny.

Search mo lang "Accord Tuners" or "6th gen Accord" sa Google, dami ka makikita references for the 6th gen Accord.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i can vouch for d & r fast auto repair. madali kausap iyong mga iyan

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i can vouch for d & r fast auto repair. madali kausap iyong mga iyan
    Magkano po pagawa ng tranny? Gaano ka tagal gawin?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast