New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi

Ok po ba tong model na toh? Nakikita ko kasi mura sya at mga well kept madalas ang nakikita ko 2nd hand. Kung bibili po ako nito model, ano variant ang dapat ko kunin? Yung top of the line 2.0 liters or yung base model? At bkit po ba sya napa ka mura?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Alam ko sir malakas sa gas ang accord kaya mura. At karamihan automatic.

Sent from my Starmobile PLAY Click using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Hi

Ok po ba tong model na toh? Nakikita ko kasi mura sya at mga well kept madalas ang nakikita ko 2nd hand. Kung bibili po ako nito model, ano variant ang dapat ko kunin? Yung top of the line 2.0 liters or yung base model? At bkit po ba sya napa ka mura?
    tama.
    2 liter engine at least + AT mostly = takaw sa gas.
    plus, since they did not sell in as huge numbers as, say, the civic, spare parts may be harder and more expensive to get.

but... the passenger comforts are plusher and no one will accuse the ride as hard or difficult.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    How much of a gas guzzler are they usually pala?

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gh0str1d3r View Post
    Hi

The Accord came with 3 variants:

2.0 VTi - cloth seats, no safety features
    2.0 VTi-L - leather seats, ABS, airbags, etc
    2.3 VTi-L - same as the 2.0 VTi-L but with a more powerful engine (157 vs 148 hp)

The Accord is cheap because like all midsize sedans, it consumes a lot of fuel. If a Civic VTi would get you 8 km/L, the Accord would get you around 5.

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    How much of a gas guzzler are they usually pala?

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!
    My cousin had a 2.3 VTi-L. Consumed 4-5 km/L in city driving. Seems about right for an old midsizer with a 4AT.

I considered the Accord before but decided to get a newer Mazda 3 for just a few thousand more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ok....salamat sa mga reply. I was expecting a gas guzzler. But the spare parts, is really hard to find spare parts for this models? and How about the manual variants, hows the FC of this? May nakita ako for sale na manual eh. Ganda kasi ng design nito simple lang, hindi sya OVER, d tulad ng bago ngayon. Kaya ko sya nagustuhan. Kesa sa Civic or Lance or Corolla na kasabay nya na ang dami dami.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you're planning to get a 6th gen Accord (1998-2002), make sure you get the model with the 2.3L engine. Halos same lang fuel consumption sa 2.0L model but you get more oomph. The 6th gen Accord has a light chassis (around 1300+ kg) which is comparable to the current crop of compact cars. The steering is one of the best I have tried, lots of feedback and very responsive. The F23 engine offers a good amount of torque at below 2k rpm. Press the gas pedal harder, let the VTEC kick in, and the tach will easily rise to redline (past 6k rpm). The 4AT tranny is not that quick but it's good enough to get the car going from 0-100kmh in just over 9 seconds. Key points to watch from this model are its power steering system (prone to leaks), a leaking air conditioning system which can potentially bring down its compressor, and a sliding AT tranny in case the previous owner was not to keen to change the ATF. The 6th gen Accord is more mechanical compared to the newer Honda cars so maintenance is not that extensive, just change fluids and filters regularly. The F23 engine is quite robust and not prone to failure (even in the event that the car overheats due to a leaking radiator). Unless you have a broken engine or tranny, most common parts are available from shops who cater to Honda cars. If you can find the 2.3L MT model, go for it (they are quite rare though) as you will have no worries with a sliding AT tranny. It might be good to upgrade its stock 15" rims to 17" to give it a better look as the stock 15" rims look small for the car. FC is around 5-6 km/L for city driving and 8-9 km/L on the highway. Just don't keep tach rising past 3k rpm so that FC will be more manageable.

Also, stick with the 2001-2002 model years as LTO had a different MVUC cost for cars 2000 and older. Midsize cars from 2001 have a lower MVUC (registration) cost. The difference is about 2k in registration cost.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you can spend a bit more, the Mazda6 2.3L (2006-2008) will be another option. The Accord and Mazda6 cost about the same as the Civic and Mazda4 on the used market. However, they have better features, more powerful engines, and offer a much better drive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you can spend a bit more, the Mazda6 2.3L (2006-2008) will be another option. The Accord and Mazda6 cost about the same as the Civic and Mazda3 on the used market. However, they have better features, more powerful engines, and offer a much better drive.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you're planning to get a 6th gen Accord (1998-2002), make sure you get the model with the 2.3L engine. Halos same lang fuel consumption sa 2.0L model but you get more oomph. The 6th gen Accord has a light chassis (around 1300+ kg) which is comparable to the current crop of compact cars. The steering is one of the best I have tried, lots of feedback and very responsive. The F23 engine offers a good amount of torque at below 2k rpm. Press the gas pedal harder, let the VTEC kick in, and the tach will easily rise to redline (past 6k rpm). The 4AT tranny is not that quick but it's good enough to get the car going from 0-100kmh in just over 9 seconds. Key points to watch from this model are its power steering system (prone to leaks), a leaking air conditioning system which can potentially bring down its compressor, and a sliding AT tranny in case the previous owner was not to keen to change the ATF. The 6th gen Accord is more mechanical compared to the newer Honda cars so maintenance is not that extensive, just change fluids and filters regularly. The F23 engine is quite robust and not prone to failure (even in the event that the car overheats due to a leaking radiator). Unless you have a broken engine or tranny, most common parts are available from shops who cater to Honda cars. If you can find the 2.3L MT model, go for it (they are quite rare though) as you will have no worries with a sliding AT tranny. It might be good to upgrade its stock 15" rims to 17" to give it a better look as the stock 15" rims look small for the car. FC is around 5-6 km/L for city driving and 8-9 km/L on the highway. Just don't keep tach rising past 3k rpm so that FC will be more manageable.

Also, stick with the 2001-2002 model years as LTO had a different MVUC cost for cars 2000 and older. Midsize cars from 2001 have a lower MVUC (registration) cost. The difference is about 2k in registration cost.
    Thanks for the insight, very helpful. I really like this generation of accord. I like the design. I much as I wanted a manual tranny, I'm going with the auto. Due to the traffic situation right now, EVERYWHERE is TRAFFIC!. I would sacrifice FC for convenience. How big is the difference of FC between the maual and auto? I'll try looking for the 2.3l variant but if exceeds my budget, I'll go with the 2.0l instead.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you can spend a bit more, the Mazda6 2.3L (2006-2008) will be another option. The Accord and Mazda6 cost about the same as the Civic and Mazda4 on the used market. However, they have better features, more powerful engines, and offer a much better drive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you can spend a bit more, the Mazda6 2.3L (2006-2008) will be another option. The Accord and Mazda6 cost about the same as the Civic and Mazda3 on the used market. However, they have better features, more powerful engines, and offer a much better drive.
    Mazda 6..Huh? Never thought of that car. I'll check it out! Do you further info on that model, FC etc.? Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast