New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009

I'm almost at 100k km on my civic, I was thinking to have the service one at a time since I know there's a lot of things needed for me to fix, replace, check on my car.

Does anyone here knows exactly the things that I needed to check/replace on my car once I hit the 100k km mark?

Thanks in advance for the reply!!!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If you haven't replaced the timing belt since you bought the car (brand new or second hand), I suggest you do so together with the water pump and tensioner bearing. You should also flush/replace all the vital fluids in the engine compartment if they haven't been replaced for quite some time.

Visually check all brake pads and shoes and adjust/replace if necessary.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    98k na rin mileage ng auto ko, mga magkano kaya aabutin sa gastos palit timing belt, bearing,etc.
    civic lxi 99' model

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dahve View Post
    98k na rin mileage ng auto ko, mga magkano kaya aabutin sa gastos palit timing belt, bearing,etc.
    civic lxi 99' model
    Rough estimate 7K-8K using OEM parts at Banawe QC.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    If you haven't replaced the timing belt since you bought the car (brand new or second hand), I suggest you do so together with the water pump and tensioner bearing. You should also flush/replace all the vital fluids in the engine compartment if they haven't been replaced for quite some time.

Visually check all brake pads and shoes and adjust/replace if necessary.
    I already had my belts replaced... but I guess it won't hurt to have it checked again... for the water pump issue subject for replacement din ba un once umabot ng 100k ung oto just to prevent any problem lalo na pag nabyahe?

Thanks nga pala for the reply!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nogz View Post
    for the water pump issue subject for replacement din ba un once umabot ng 100k ung oto just to prevent any problem lalo na pag nabyahe?

Thanks nga pala for the reply!
    If the water pump has been replaced at around 60K-80K mileage, then replacement is not necessary. However, if it hasn't been changed since the car was bought from the dealer, then it definitely warrants a replacement.

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure as they say.

BTW, the timing belt cannot be visually checked that easily because it has its own housing, unlike the fan belts that are out in the open.